Pics of my new Clarkes tank and a question.

Hey

everyone. I just wanted to share a few pics of my new 4.7gal Clarkes tank. I just got my stickers today and installed them. What does everyone think? The tank has not had gas in it and I will be letting the stickers adhere for about a month or so. I'm not in a hurry because I've got lots to do on my bike as I am changing colors. Not to mention there's about 4 feet of snow outside. Those are stickers made for the '96/'03 XR250/400 that I trimmed the excess black off. It was a very close fit and there was not much trimming needed.

My question is though, who on the net makes custom numbering that I can match the existing color style? I'm looking to put the numbers 650L relatively small just below the big stickers on it. I'm looking for the thicker mil stickers because these ones are pretty thick.

IMG_8581a.jpg

IMG_8586a.jpg

IMG_8589a.jpg

Looks good D0T-C0M ?

I grew up in New Brunswick. :foul:

For the custom lettering, you'd most likely be better off going to a local Graphics/Sign shop and have them run something off for you. An added benefit of doing it that way is that if you come up with a few drawings/sketches of what you're looking for, they can work with them to come up with what you want.

Btw, make sure you've rinsed your tank out adequately with water to get rid of all the plastic shavings and oil/residue from the manufacturing process before you install it and put gas in it. :banghead: :banghead:

Looks awesome! That has to be the cleanest "custom" tank decal instal I've seen. How about a pic of that beauty mocked up on your bike??

Those stickers pretty much fit right on. No trimming required at the ends. I only cut off the top and bottom of the sticker that was black. It didn't fit unless I removed it and the less sticker on the tank the better. Here is a pic of the stickers before. I knew it would be very close because I had taken a pic of the tank before ordering the stickers and in photoshop I pasted this pic overtop of it and the ends matched. I already knew that I was going to cut the black portions off although the top portion would have fit without trimming. The bottom would of had to be re-contoured because it wasn't matching the Clarke tank.

The rest of the bike is red and it won't look good till I paint the rest of the parts. I will for sure post all the pics throughout the project at the end in about a month or so.

stickerbefore.jpg

got them off ebay. seller's name in roadandracemotorcycles. He had a bunch of them but none are presently listed. You could contact him to see if your interested. He's from Australia so expect a couple weeks delivery.

got them off ebay. seller's name in roadandracemotorcycles. He had a bunch of them but none are presently listed. You could contact him to see if your interested. He's from Australia so expect a couple weeks delivery.

Thanks ?

looks gud...acrylic "waxes" like Klasse All-In-One work well on poly tanks...?

unfortunately until manufacturers of plastic fuel tanks are forced to take steps (liners or plastic additives) to prevent evaporative emissions even the best graphics will "bubble" ?

sum have used internal coatings not intended for poly tanks w/ sum success but i question the longevity.

take sum pics while it's still pristine cause i doubt it will not "bubble" to sum extent :busted:

the thicker the vinyl the less pronunced the problem will be :banghead: BUT it will still be an issue :banghead:

personally i've given up on stickers on my plastic tank.

gud luck

:foul: