Sign in to follow this  

Trail Riding in/around Denver?

So I live in Vail and started riding last summer. Im pretty anxious to start riding again except all the terrain up here will be snowed in for several more months. I dont really feel like making day trips out to grand junction, is there anything around denver worth checking out? trail riding is pretty much all i do, dont really care for "roads" or really anything a non-modified SUV could get up, so if there is anything around denver that fits the bill please let me know, thanks!

Try riding McCoy ,I rode it yesterday,About 40 mins from Vail. Go through Wolcott toward Steamboat ,About 10 mins after State Bridge,you will see a trail head.

Really....McCoy is clear? Or atleast ridable. I went by Wolcott today and it looked like it would be some time. If it's clear you just made my day!

ya, thats awesome if McCoy is clear, where exactly are the trails? ive only driven out that way once and am not too familiar with the area.

I just rode got back from McCoy ,doesn't get much better than it is right now. There are a few places to pull off right on the main road ,trails all pretty much loop back to the highway.