Sign in to follow this  

Tail Bone

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can ride and not be in pain with a broken tail bone?

Yes it was an oops and so want to ride this weekend but not sure if my back and tail bone can take it.

Sun knows about the injury :)

So any help would be like magic:worthy:

Thanks

Debi

A REALLY big pillow.

I'm afraid that's the only thing that helped me and, er, I wasn't riding. That was for sitting in the CAR.

Hope you feel better!

mine is currently broken, so i know the pain :/

riding isnt bad if you stand most of the time, which i do...

go to walmart and buy an inflatable donut to sit on while your at home, they are made for people with hemorrhoids, but it helps alot with sitting...

I was also going to say you'll probably have to stand up. Ooh, ouch! I wish you a speedy recovery! I've never broken mine, but a friend did in high school and I remember how much pain she was in. I hate to say don't ride, but I think you're going to be in a lot of pain once you get tired of standing up. Take it easy, too, and don't hurt it more. Or try strapping on a pillow like someone suggested.

Im not there to lecture you but.....you better take care of that tail as to be ready for a Cali adventure in May:ride:

Be careful and have fun with that carb install. After seeing all those threads on that carb, it seems like it may take a couple of months to get it dialed in. I would freak out:eek: on taking a drill to it too, good luck with that!

And ride those pegs if you must ride.

I fractured my pelvis a year ago in October. I also broke my tail bone.

I have seen shorts in the MotoSport magazine that has a tailbone pad.

I bought some football underpants with the hip and tailbone pads.

Haven't tried them yet.

Maybe some bicycle riding shorts with the padded a$$ will work.

Ooooh, ouch. I did this a couple years ago (landed on my own rollerskate) and feel your pain! Ride standing up, yup, if you have to ride (who am I kidding...It IS totally a necessary thing, isn't it?:banghead:) but do baby it a bit, or the recovery is just gonna drag and drag - it takes a really long time even without activity like biking so just remember to be nice to your bumbone :)!

I didn't think about it until I read the post with the football underwear, but they make padded underarmor for street bikes. Check out the Bohn brand and there are a few others that make them with tail bone padding. Those might be just what you need.

I did the same thing about 3 years ago. It hurt so bad I could hardly get out of bed the next day. Getting back on a bike any time soon was the LAST thing on my mind.

I tried riding a month later and it was a no go. Still way too painful. It actaully took quite a while to recover.

I hope you heal up quick. That is a miserable injury.

How's the tail bone Debi? Did you get to :) this weekend?

I've never broken mine before but if I ever do I seriously doubt I will even attempt to ride. I'm a puss when it comes to pain.

Hope you feel better soon! :banghead:

How's the tail bone Debi? Did you get to :) this weekend?

I've never broken mine before but if I ever do I seriously doubt I will even attempt to ride. I'm a puss when it comes to pain.

Hope you feel better soon! :banghead:

Nope I didn't ride and it hurts a lot. Hope this pain starts to go away soon.

It's really a pain in the:moon: just to drive :banghead:

Pillow?

Yes a pillow and even that silly ring:blush: Just makes it hard to go to far right now:banghead:

Oh well, I will be all good soon:thumbsup:

Yes a pillow and even that silly ring:blush: Just makes it hard to go to far right now:banghead:

Oh well, I will be all good soon:thumbsup:

Awww man! That really really stinks! Take care of that and I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Awww man! That really really stinks! Take care of that and I hope you get to feeling better soon!

TY :)

Oh I will be good to go soon. Sun is being my Mom and making me stay off my bike :banghead: