Sign in to follow this  

Omaha Riders!

We're hitting White Sands tomorrow. BobfromOmaha already called and they are running from Noon - 5. It's in Ashland (easy 15 - 20 minute drive from Omaha.) It'd be only about a 30 minute drive (or so) from Lincoln.

Hope we see you. Gonna give the helmet cam the first try of the year. Get there so we can get you on film! :)

We're hitting White Sands tomorrow. BobfromOmaha already called and they are running from Noon - 5. It's in Ashland (easy 15 - 20 minute drive from Omaha.) It'd be only about a 30 minute drive (or so) from Lincoln.

Hope we see you. Gonna give the helmet cam the first try of the year. Get there so we can get you on film! :)

DUDE! riding talk!! pardon my ignorance, but is that a mx track only? i dont know about that, been woods and dune riding my whole decrepit life, how tuff is it?

DUDE! riding talk!! pardon my ignorance, but is that a mx track only? i dont know about that, been woods and dune riding my whole decrepit life, how tuff is it?

I've never been there. BUT...it doesn't matter how hard it is! We all suck anyway! Man, this is the first ride of the season and I haven't done $hit to prepare my mind or body. Look at it this way...I'll be sucking wind 10 minutes before Bob. I'll probably break a sweat just paying the riding fees.

Come on out. It'll give us a chance to meet. Doesn't matter if we're fast or not. I don't give one rat's a$$ if some little $hit on an 85 comes by me at 100mph eatin' a corndog while passing me. We're out there "doin' it!" That's what counts!

Bah! I wish I could find my riding boots! I plan on ordering a pair of AlpineStar Tech 7s soon. :)

Time to start searching! I hope I can find them.

-Eric

*edit*

Found my boots... now I need to see if I can wrangle some help from the family loading and unloading my bike off the trailer hitch bike mount (I hate that thing... plan on a trailer soon.)

You guys try to avoid soil samples (especially nedirtbikr):)

I might go for a street ride. Round 2 of World Superbike is on SPEED 3-5 pm too. American Ben Spies is looking really good in his rookie year.

If you guys want a laugh I'll let you know when I'm gonna get the mighty RM370 out for the first time (probably late April):banghead:

Post a report when you guys get back. I might get out there tomorrow or to the track in SW Iowa.

crap i just saw you guys were going out today!!!

i can't now, too late and have my bike tore apart trying to figure out these damn Cryca handguards :)

you guys planning on going tomorrow?

It was a great day for riding. Definitely out of shape, but who cares! :)

Track was pretty muddy, but dried up in most sections.

Should be real nice for tomorrow..

Kerry, they have two tracks there. One track is pretty basic. Mostly flat. The other is pretty technical or at least compared to Fox Run. Definitely want to get out there under drier conditions.

Bob, Thanks for the report. I got something going on tomorrow morning with one of my other hobbies, but I might go checkout whitesands or razorsedge tomorrow afternoon.

I agree with Bob, for me, Whitesands main track is almost to technical for me.

I'm more into old school mx tracks.

looks like it'll be fox run (again) for me tomorrow. although that is a good thing considering its challenging enough as is. :)

I had a fun time over at white sands yesterday. It was good to finally get to ride an actual mx track, but im paying for it today. I hurt everywhere. It was good to see some of the other guys from rivervalley.

Mark you need to hurry up and post that vid from your helmet cam. I wanna see your crash.:)

I had a fun time over at white sands yesterday. It was good to finally get to ride an actual mx track, but im paying for it today. I hurt everywhere. It was good to see some of the other guys from rivervalley.

Mark you need to hurry up and post that vid from your helmet cam. I wanna see your crash.:)

Keith, good to meet you too.

Mark, Mike told me you took a spill late in the day. Damage report?

Just back from whitesands and the track was just about perfect.

I'm so sore I can hardly type but it feels good.

fox run was slick all day, but a blast. getting better control and launching more. a little bit of confidence each trip out!

unfortunately saw a guy attempt the double down - didn't make it; knocked himself out. his helmet saved him big time. he really should have had more gear on to, just boots and a helmet. good thing is after he came to he seemed okay.