Omaha Riders!

is it possible that you were not at TDC when you checked them, maybe u were at TDE?

also, they only affect starting when they have zero clearance/ the valves are being held open.

Yeah i double checked the TDC. So far everything ive read here seems to indicate that valves tightening up will cause hard starting issues.

is it possible that you were not at TDC when you checked them, maybe u were at TDE?

also, they only affect starting when they have zero clearance/ the valves are being held open.

When the engine is cold the clearance will be larger. As the engine heats up the clearance gets smaller or goes away all together and your valves may not close all the way and you lose alot of your intake charge. It is alot harder to start when it gets warmed up.

Yeah i double checked the TDC. So far everything ive read here seems to indicate that valves tightening up will cause hard starting issues.

absolutely, just never heard of the exhaust going before the intakes.

When the engine is cold the clearance will be larger. As the engine heats up the clearance gets smaller or goes away all together and your valves may not close all the way and you lose alot of your intake charge. It is alot harder to start when it gets warmed up.

that makes sense.

By the way, if you end up needing new valves I know Mark had good luck with that AS racing and so did Mike when he went with MxTime. They're not local, but they do good work.

ps. welcome to the world of four strokes. ?

By the way, if you end up needing new valves I know Mark had good luck with that AS racing and so did Mike when he went with MxTime. They're not local, but they do good work. ps. welcome to the world of four strokes. ?
AS Racing (Agent Smith Racing.) Great folks! Great work ethic/quality/turnaround. When I return (yes, I wrote "when" not "if") and assuming I'm not on a 2T next time, I will use these guys exclusively for that work.

Right now, my goal is to be back Spring 2012 on a KTM 2T 250/300. I LOVE Honda, but have to stay off of the race bikes (I'm too stupid.) Plus, from what I hear, the 300 has a roll-on not a whole lot different from a 4T. Plus, electric start and somewhat lower maintenance costs. Might just be the bike for me.

Fingers crossed...

Ok cool. I cant believe how muddy some of those areas were. Maybe later this week it will be better.
I went and rode for a few minutes today, lots of mud pits/ponds; but where there was no standing water the dirt was great! Cold as all hell, more so with sweating thru the layers. Going to above 40 and sunny tomorrow, going to go a little deeper then!