Sign in to follow this  

kx125 doesnt stay running

i can get it started with the choke pulled, and keep it running. i can even ride around with the choke pulled and it rides fine. as soon as i turn the choke off, it'll idle down, and not always right off, it dies. sometimes i can keep it running, and even rev it up, but if it doesnt die right off, it dies when i try to get moving, almost like its bogging out. i can rev the engine to try and keep it alive, and you can hear me trying to do it, but it wont stay awake.

PS: as of right now, i have the intake disconnected from the carb (had to take it off to drain the carb of the water that was in the fuel). all the water is out now though. but i ran out of light and put it up till tomorrow.

any ideas or areas i should pay special attention to?

will do. i'm taking the carb off tomorrow and am going to clean the piss out of it, hopefully that does the trick. we'll see though.

just out of random curiosity, what would happen if the fuel mix was... say 40:1 instead of 32:1? i used my buddies fuel and he had it mixed 50:1 for his weed eater, we added more oil before we poured it in the bike, but weren't sure about the exact amount it needed to get it to 32:1... (i figured it out later, but i think it needs more oil to hit 32:1), just wondering what would happen with that. my previous issues and questions still stand though...

got it running. i cleaned the carb and drained the tank and refilled it with 32:1 that i mixed myself. thing rides like a champ now