Sign in to follow this  

06 YZ125 Engine Trouble!!! Please Help!!

I own a 2006 Yz125 and i was riding my bike the other day and my motor locked up and when i tried to start it and when i kicked it it turned over fine but made a bad noise so i pushed it home and pulled the head of it and the piston and cylinder look good but im kinda scared to split the case so ca someone please give me an opinion on what they think it is? It would be greatly appreciated.. hopefully its just crank bearings and it didnt mess up my crank

Some additional information would help. Drain the transmission oil and check for metal pieces in it. Remove the magneto cover and see if the you can wobble the crank with the flywheel. Remove the clutch and look around for collateral damage from errant parts. While the clutch is off, make sure the shifter stopper lever is intact. They are prone to failure and if a piece of it lodges in the transmission gears, that will stop you in a hurry. None of these tasks will take very long or require special tools. Just be sure that you retorque everything correctly.

wait, did you look at the piston too to make sure it wasnt scored or anything? your plug is fine right? can you wiggle the crank rod up and down (back and forth movement is okay)?

if you pull clutch in and noise goes away then most likely your shift stop lever bearing is has gone(if you did not upgrade to on 07-09 part) and it took out some bearing and maybe gears.

i hav taken the clutches out and checked everything they are fine and the cylinder and piston are in excellent shape although the conecting rod has a little bit of play. Can a crank bearing seaze up then let loose? and while i had the clutches out i turned the motor over and i can still hear the noise in the bottom end. And what is a good crank bearing?