Sign in to follow this  

Lets Talk XR650R Exhuast Systems

Right know im running a stock bike, uncorked, with HRC exhuast tip. Its nice and loud, and powerful, but i fould a Pro Circuit T-4 full stystem for sale locally. Doesnt say weither its steel or aluminum or what....But ive always heard PC makes a good system. What systems do you guys suggest. Im looking for lightest, and creating the most power. Noice doesnt madder:busted:, i like my bike to have a nice bark!

Anybody know what kinda weight loss ya can expect with a full stystem? And is the power increase very noticable?

I have the T4, stainless headers and pipe with aluminum can. No complaints except I wish I still had a heat shield so I don't keep melting pants. It's loud but I ride it one the street, no louder than some choppers or Harleys.

anybody have up close pics of the T-4? What is the can design, is there a removable baffel? Is the spark arrestor removable? Is the spark arrestor restrictive. Im looking for a wide open pipe, as long as there is enough back pressure for the bike to run right. Engine mods and jetting changes are to come with the full pipe:thumbsup:

I installed a T-4 slip-on on my 650R and I love it! Besides the uncorking it's stock. Got the jetting sorted and this thing rips! I can usually start it in one kick; hot or cold. It's not much louder than the stock uncorked muffler but that could change as I get some time on it. My buddys DR-Z 400 is quite a bit louder with a Yoshimura, but it's been on the bike for a couple years. Also, the T-4 came with a spark arrester installed. And one other thing, it fits great. :):banghead:

I am running the full PC system with the T-4 can.

A heck of a lot quieter than the HRC tip and a much better note as well. It feels like the bike has a broader power band than just the HRC tip. Then you throw in a big cam and piston and this system will really let bike scream clear to the rev limiter.

The spark arrestor is removable and they sell different size tips to tune the power.

I will take some pictures of mine tomorrow before I head out for a ride and post up when I get back.

Has anyone tried or heard the Vance & Hines XCR slip on? I have one on order but it wont be here for another week and a half. I got my jets, de-smog kit, skid plate and air filter just waiting to go on.

Sorry, didnt mean to hi-jack this thread...carry on

The T4 is a great combo for this bike it opens them up all over,just do it.

You'll save about 4 or 5 LBs on the stocker ,that's a guesstimate from the figures i've seen and heard being quoted.

It'll flow some gas so you may have to jet a bit richer across the range,this is a guess as well.

Iv'e ridden a bike with the stock front header then rode mine with a full W\B system.We both agreed that the header made a huge difference in top end power.

Get a full system then when you do plop down another 150.for that stage two cam, it will be worth it.

The T-4 is nice although i have heard Moriwaki(sp?) is the best. I guess they are no longer imported or made. The last i heard someone getting one new was in 2005 when he said he got the last one from Big Valley Honda off the showroom floor.

I run a PC header and mid pipe into a stock can w/ HRC tip. The can has some internal welds to be ground out a bit and the mid pipe shortened by 1/2 inch or so to allow the exhaust to flex with the bike. All joints get generous high temp silicone. My bike came to me with the full HRC power up kit. After a 178 main and vented airbox, roll on wheelies are no problem. I do have some scorched pant legs from the pipes.

A 650/Baja master/Honda Dealer assured me that for the street and dirt this combo is a great bang for the buck. "Headers for horsepower" he kept saying. He also sold me the pipes used for $100, in stead of the full system for $700+. Best $100 mod I've made yet. It isn't the lightest set up and sounds like a hog fight in a dumpster, a sound I've come to love.

If $ was not a factor, I'd go with the full PC T4 system. They sound great but can draw the attention of decibel counting cops and rangers when unrestricted. If your gonna restrict it then why bother?

stock headers with a two brothers slip on then re-jetted it will do a roll on wheelie no problem comes with a spark arrestor its pretty loud with it out not sure how it sounds with it installed

I have had both the older T-4 and now the newer T-4. The older one was louder. They both make good power and are a bunch lighter than the stock can.

I really like the Two Brothers slip-on. It make great top end power, but at the expense of sound.

Leave the spark arrestor on, it won't change the performance.

I have had both the older T-4 and now the newer T-4. The older one was louder. They both make good power and are a bunch lighter than the stock can.

I really like the Two Brothers slip-on. It make great top end power, but at the expense of sound.

Leave the spark arrestor on, it won't change the performance.

+1 on the sound but it does sound good just a little bit to much on the loud side wish i would of known before i got it but since i only really run it in the desert it shouldnt offend any tree huggers or spotted owls

i keep my 250 for the tight woods single track and natl. forrest lands