Sign in to follow this  

sprocket-chain on '03 rm 125???

i currently have a 520 ERT2 DID chain (120 link) and a 52t, sunstar rear sprocket. I was wondering if a 49t (stock size) sunstar sprocket would fit on with the same chain? The 52t is probably the largest one i could squeeze on it if that helps.

One of my friends is moving up from his cr85 to a 09 crf450 so i might try to gear it a little tall to keep up with him when i go over to his house but want to be able to smack on the 52 when i want to hit the trails at my local riding place.

-Zach

the 49 may be ok if you run the sprocket back all the way in the adjustment...if your chain is stretched much its prob gonna be to loose...but give it a try, you can always buy another chain if you like the 49 that much, but its gonna take alot of grunt away from a motor thats low on grunt already

One of my friends is moving up from his cr85 to a 09 crf450

-Zach

your friend better be ready for a huge jump in power!

ohh yeah, he is. He also be ready for the weight change! hes 15-16 though so i'm sure he is.

Maybe i should go with a 50t instead of the 49 to keep a little more of the grunt and the same chain.

you could also try and change the front sprocket i believe its one tooth change in the front is equal to about two in the rear and by changing the front you could probably get away with the same chain

not a bad idea, especially since that means more chain contact on the sprocket and loads cheaper.

just remember its the opposite of the rear...for more bottom its down in the front....more top end its up in the front.....and the opposite for the rear sprocket