Sign in to follow this  

Scott oiler

Do a search. It has been discussed before.

Yeah, I did search and am looking for pictures of the install. I am having a hard time picturing it. Not really looking for a conversation about its function. Thanks though.

Hmm, well. I've never used one so I don't know what to tell you. Someone said something about mounting it behind the side pannel or in the air box. Other than that it drips on the chain. And that is the extent of what I know. Sorry I can't be more help.

Sure buddy I had a bit of a problem with mine... I tried to install it in January when it was about 3°C, the only thing the glue was sticking together was my fingers, it kept not setting to the metal. So I left it to the cable ties and still waiting for the weather to warm up.

After about a month of riding with it on, I noticed that the vacuum tube had burnt itself and severed itself into two pieces (I think it got hot from the halogen since it was about 15cm away from the RMV) I emailed Scottoiler and they sent me a replacement immediately. I reinstalled the vacuum running on the outside of the staunchion. I'm still not pleased with the position but it'll do.

I'm running the tubes under the tank by the way.

Pictures:

scottoiler-01.jpg

I took the radiator scoops off to remove the tank... don't ask.

scottoiler-02.jpg

This is how i ran the pipes originally under the tank and through the yolks.

scottoiler-04.jpg

Roughly how I've run it along on the swing arm... i think it looks untidy... I'm meaning to tidy this in warmer weather.

scottoiler-05.jpg

To rear sprocket

scottoiler-06.jpg

Using the vacuum from the PAIR valve.... I'm going to be removing that valve soon, will have to change the nozzle for that arrangement.

Chooken, true but this is the manufacturer's suggested installation. I took it literally and have no qualms with it's position, can easily be adjusted from the riding position.

The guy from Scottoiler who sent me the replacement vacuum hose suggested relocating the RMV to the radiator, but for now I'm happy with it just being where it is, until I have more time on your hands.. and the weather in my favour.