Sign in to follow this  

DR/SP125 & DR/SP200 conversion?

Hi ALL,

I was looking through parts numbers the other day, and I noticed that the Suzuki DR/SP125 share the same crankcase as the DR/SP200 from 86-88. The 125 is a 6 speed and the 200 is a 5 speed. Has anyone here ever taken the topend and the crank off of the 200, and put it on the 125? Is it possible? If so, it would be nice to have the extra gear for highway driving since they both have the same gear ratios all the way through fifth, and then 6th in the 125 is .80 what do you all think?

Chad

Yeah,

Maybe I'll have to give Jesse a call? The guy I bought my SP200 from, had put a bigger jet and a Jardine exhaust on it. Plus it's geared for the highway. Still plenty of grunt down low, and pulls up to 70 mph, but then you run out of gears. Thought this might be a solution? There are plenty of old DR/SP125 parts bikes out there, (to get crankcases/trannys from, but I'd rather know beforehand, instead of purchasing one and then trying to figure out if it's going to work or not. Thanks for the tip, I've heard Jesse's name thrown around on this forum and others before, seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy!

Chad