Sign in to follow this  

06 kx 450 smokin please help

i have an 06 kx450f i noticed that it smokes white smoke when i blip the throtle from idle i have about 50 to 60 hrs on it since i last adjusted my valves and to my knowledge there has never been a top end rebuild. can anyone tell me why the white smoke is happening thanks guys.

u ever overheat it ever? does it do it when the bike is fully warmed up and ridden for ten minutes?

yea, i just did a full rebuild on mine, it was cold, tried to start it got pissed off, gave it a quarter throttle and a huge cloud of white smoke shot out the back, while that cloud floated away more and more was slowly pouring out of the pipe, im afraid to start it now (lol...)

White or white with a blue tint, if it's got a blue tint it means oil, this could be as simple as replacing the valve stem seals.

overheated warped the head, blew the gasket or just one or the other.. can that happen on these bikes? Just a theory of mine but Its never happened to me so I cant be certain.

Happens on other motors though..

sorry to say this but white smoke normally indicates liquid/coolant is entering combustion chamber,most likely blown head gasket or warped head - overheating is normally the reason.

Check engine oil is it white?That would indicate water in the oil.

Remove radiator cap and start bike up - let it warm up with cap off sometimes a blown head gasket will pressurize cooling system resulting in coolant being blown out of radiator.

Good luck

hes got some good info for you elaborating on what i said.. if u drain your oil and it looks milky.. u got coolant in there