Sign in to follow this  

Dealer Cost of 2009 CRF450R

I just sold my CRF250R and CRF450R.

Does anyone know the dealer cost for 2009 CRF450R?

I have an offer for $7700 OTD include tax and fees.

I just sold my CRF250R and CRF450R.

Does anyone know the dealer cost for 2009 CRF450R?

I have an offer for $7700 OTD include tax and fees.

I have seen as low as $6700 OTD on this board, and that depends a lot on where you are located as well. Sorry, can't help you with dealer cost.

6800 otd, i was told the dealer cost is not much lower, but i am not 100% i would think somwhere around 6300-6500 but i could be wrong

correct me if im wrong but from what i figure 6700us

there are not thousands in a new bike

usually to stay afloat in business, you need to be 25-30% above cost to cover your GE and Fed. tax.

7800-30%=5460

-25%=5850

your estimates are a bit high guys.

usually to stay afloat in business, you need to be 25-30% above cost to cover your GE and Fed. tax.

7800-30%=5460

-25%=5850

your estimates are a bit high guys.

Sorry, but you are way off. That type of margin maybe in a goldwing, but 5% to 6% on a dirt bike is normal. $6700 is within a few dollars of our cost on a 09. No bonus bucks or rebates on this unit at this time. Most delaers try and sell the dirt bikes at very little profit just to keep the powerhouse status.

so my dealer wasn't bs'in me when he said he gave it to me at 100 bucks over cost

Sorry, but you are way off. That type of margin maybe in a goldwing, but 5% to 6% on a dirt bike is normal. $6700 is within a few dollars of our cost on a 09. No bonus bucks or rebates on this unit at this time. Most delaers try and sell the dirt bikes at very little profit just to keep the powerhouse status.

they are around 6500 for dealer cost but then they get like a 300 or 400 hundred back from honda like a credit this how it was explained to me by my dealer. i think it all depends on what honda as a company does that sets the price. if you dont have to pay tax i would say 6600 to 6700 is a good price with tax 7100 sounds good.

if you dont have to pay tax i would say 6600 to 6700 is a good price with tax 7100 sounds good.

Let me know if you can find that price in WI; I just shopped every dealer in WI and managed to get $6850 (+$59 doc) OTD just a couple of weeks ago. Best that I could do without much, much more haggling for what would likely be only another $100 MAX.

Thanks for all the responses. It looks like my price is a little high. I guess I will have to decide if I want to bend over and take it.

ok, lets take 6700 cost as you say.

msrp is 7700 right?

profit=1000

ge tax@4.5%= 346=654

irs tax 33%=215=438

so at msrp, your total profit is $438

salesman takes $200, total dealer profit $238

now calculate in storage loss time and revolving credit fees for shelf life inventory.

AND you are saying others retail for as low as $6900.

that would put the company at a loss.

dont conn me, mr. suit. i know business.

dont conn me, mr. suit. i know business.

You "know business"? What type of "business" do you know exactly?

I own/ operate my own healthcare business, have an MBA and have no real way of being able to assume the dealer cost of a dirt bike based upon the industries I am familiar with.

What line of work are you in? Obviously "knowing business" isn't a blanket statement you can apply to all industries.

You "know business"? What type of "business" do you know exactly?

I own/ operate my own healthcare business, have an MBA and have no real way of being able to assume the dealer cost of a dirt bike based upon the industries I am familiar with.

What line of work are you in? Obviously "knowing business" isn't a blanket statement you can apply to all industries.

true, you have no real reference because your field of business is vastly different from retail powersports in which i am involved.

health care is assisted by med insurance, other than institutional costs, your fees are basically labor am i correct? so its all profit there.

vastly different from business of inventory turnaround. please.

youre an mba and you dont know simple principles like profit %? hmmmm

mba congrats. my sister got her mba at night school + online degree.

I'm trying to follow your point to all of this, but frankly, I'm, scratching my head. Dealers all over the U.S are selling this bike OTD for less than 7K so if you are suggesting they don't know business (which I believe your argument is), then that's their problem isn't it. Perhaps the bike is a "Loss Leader" for many of them. Sorry to throw around business terms but I couldn't resist.

I guess this is what I learned in business school.

For an education on what a loss-leader is, read up.

What is a 'Loss Leader'?

The loss leader is a pricing strategy which involves selling products/services at a price that will generate little or no profit and in some cases not even cover all associated costs (marketing, overheads, direct costs, etc).

This may sound crazy but it is a technique that is commonly used to attract customers to their business via a bargain. These bargains will attract customers to your business who may then purchase other products/services even if they don't buy the product that you have initially reduced. This is where you will make up for the loss as you will be selling other items that generate high profits.

true, you have no real reference because your field of business is vastly different from retail powersports in which i am involved.

health care is assisted by med insurance, other than institutional costs, your fees are basically labor am i correct? so its all profit there.

they are around 6500 for dealer cost but then they get like a 300 or 400 hundred back from honda like a credit this how it was explained to me by my dealer. i think it all depends on what honda as a company does that sets the price. if you dont have to pay tax i would say 6600 to 6700 is a good price with tax 7100 sounds good.

You are very close.

Lol, you seemed distracted by the MBA, funny stuff. Did you also know you can get a law degree in prison? Clearly you missed the point of my post. Your healthcare comments are so vague for an industry so broad, this isn't the time or place to discuss.

I was ASSuming you worked in different industry like myself so anyway... amazing you do not, so.... you work in "retail powersports" and even though others on here who work at dealerships are saying otherwise, you are insisting that dealer costs for an 09 CRF450 has to be $5400-$5800 simply because of GE & Federal taxes?

Being in the industry and all, do you know anything else?

I'm trying to follow your point to all of this, but frankly, I'm, scratching my head. Dealers all over the U.S are selling this bike OTD for less than 7K so if you are suggesting they don't know business (which I believe your argument is), then that's their problem isn't it. Perhaps the bike is a "Loss Leader" for many of them. Sorry to throw around business terms but I couldn't resist.

I guess this is what I learned in business school.

For an education on what a loss-leader is, read up.

What is a 'Loss Leader'?

The loss leader is a pricing strategy which involves selling products/services at a price that will generate little or no profit and in some cases not even cover all associated costs (marketing, overheads, direct costs, etc).

This may sound crazy but it is a technique that is commonly used to attract customers to their business via a bargain. These bargains will attract customers to your business who may then purchase other products/services even if they don't buy the product that you have initially reduced. This is where you will make up for the loss as you will be selling other items that generate high profits.

rick, i was addressing promed's comment, not dealers. you back up my point, which is simply trying to determine the dealer cost by using the msrp and other factors, as this thread is trying to determin the best possible retail deal.

also crf450 is a big bucks project, not a loss leader. thanks

Lol, you seemed distracted by the MBA, funny stuff. Did you also know you can get a law degree in prison? Clearly you missed the point of my post. Your healthcare comments are so vague for an industry so broad, this isn't the time or place to discuss.

I was ASSuming you worked in different industry like myself so anyway... amazing you do not, so.... you work in "retail powersports" and even though others on here who work at dealerships are saying otherwise, you are insisting that dealer costs for an 09 CRF450 has to be $5400-$5800 simply because of GE & Federal taxes?

Being in the industry and all, do you know anything else?

LOL do you think any high profile company dealer in his right mind would come on a national forum and truthfully expose factory cost price?

there ya go. who would argue with a doctor because of his fees? people want to get well and will pay for it. so you have a large marginal discrepancy to consider right?(straight quote from a doctor i know)

heres a question for you, mba:

would you invest $6700 + stocking fees to net 200$? if you would, then we'll just call you "lolipop" to be polite.

but would you invest $5000 to net at least $1900? even then its a thin margin. but one that you can get away with if other inventory brings in the bacon.

What you lack in business savvy you probably make up for on the race track.:)