Sign in to follow this  

1977 Elsinore ride (Helmet Cam)

This is some footage of me riding my buddies fully restored and modded 1977 Honda Elsinore 125.This was the first test on an MX track after restoration.

This thing rails!!

^Nice job Mr. dog!^

N4TRBL- Shows us yours mang!

^Nice job Mr. dog!^

N4TRBL- Shows us yours mang!

It's my buddies bike,I'm just the guinea pig for all his bike tests..lol. I'm waiting for him to send me pics..lol.

I have to say although it doesn't have much of a bottom end but it hits nice in the mid and screams on top.Handling is pretty darn good for a bike this old.It really never does anything weird and I can take the tightest of line on hardpack I couldn't even think about taking on my modern CR250,I believe this is due to the low center of gravity.Only one thing it really didn't want to do was scrub and that almost put both of us on the ground..lol.

A few specs:

DG Swingarm,Fox Shocks w/resevoirs,Marzochi forks,Overbored motor w/porting work,Larger carb,some custom parts and the list goes on.

Dumbdotdog-That looks great:thumbsup:

I had a '77 as my second bike (BIG change as I was coming off a XR 75). Loved it and hated it all at once. Zero bottom end, just a whiff of mid-range and gobs of top end. I'm sure part of it was jetting and the other part just me getting used to a radical 2T.

I had a '77 as my second bike (BIG change as I was coming off a XR 75). Loved it and hated it all at once. Zero bottom end, just a whiff of mid-range and gobs of top end. I'm sure part of it was jetting and the other part just me getting used to a radical 2T.

Actually Helmet_Hair your jetting was probably fine. That's just how these bikes ran; light switch powerband. My '77 was the same way (as well as my '74 and '75).