Sign in to follow this  

crf250r to a ktm 300

Right now i have a 2005 honda crf250r i dont race but i ride pretty hard. The repair bills on this bike is killing me i was wondering what you guys thought about the ktm 300 and if would be a good choice Thanks in advace

I think its a good choice, that is the same reason I moved away from the 4 strokes, plus I just love the 2 smokers.

Right now i have a 2005 honda crf250r i dont race but i ride pretty hard. The repair bills on this bike is killing me i was wondering what you guys thought about the ktm 300 and if would be a good choice Thanks in advace

You ride hard on the trail or at the track?

If you spend time at the track dont overlook the very resonably priced 250SX. Great bike at a great price that will give you mega power excellent handling for 09' and such low maintenance that short of cleaning the airfiler you will look for stuff to do just because there isnt anything really required but to ride the derned thing and show it off on TT during the cold months!!!

And buy some bling with all the money you save on maintenance:banghead:

2 stroke KTM are badass bikes. Just let go of the hinda and go get you one:thumbsup:

I just got a KTM 300 XCW from a KX 250 2 stroke...fabulous bike! The suspension is sweet and the 300 engine has a lot of pull. I love it in the trails because I can lug in the tights yet pull 85-90mph in the flats. DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!! KTM will come out on top.

Any smoker will do you well for riding hard off road and not obsessing about engine longevity or catastrophic failure. Other brands make them besides KTM and they can come from Europe or Japan but not both. :)

The 300 is a big jump from a 250 4t in my oppinion, I also ride a 450 and it is right up with it power wise I think anyway, I know I am alot faster on it anyway. You might concider the 200 or even 250 unless you just want the big power of the tres hondo