Sign in to follow this  

Rebound. Faster/Slower = turning screw which way

I know this is a pretty stupid question, but how do I speed up/slow down my rebound. If I want it to rebound faster I turn the screw out, so the oil flows through faster right?

and if I want it slower, I would turn the screw in so the oil doesn't get pushed around as much?

Thanks in advance

Yes, your screw direction turning is correct.

Clockwise for stiffer damping. More damping equal harder to move

Cheers. Went for a ride today to test some settings and got a flat within the first 5 laps. Should have taken my spare wheels.

Guess ill have to test it out at tomorrows race

THat is the confusing part! More rebound is an open ended statement sort of...:)

You turn the screw in (cw)giving more rebound damping (<--key word), more rebound damping slows the forks or shocks return to its extended position.

On the contrary, turning it out(ccw) will allow the oil to flow faster thus allowing the suspension to return faster. Basically screwing your clickers in slows suspension movement. Out allows it to go faster.

and Hey if I have any of this wrong then someone correct me!

So if your making your suspension stiffer u would want to add more rebound to accumulate for the shock being stiffer

So if your making your suspension stiffer u would want to add more rebound to accumulate for the shock being stiffer

If I understand you corectly then yes. If you are trying to slow down your comression you dont wnat it to pogo back up, but it all depends on your riding style and conditions. and for advanced rider settings I can't help you im slow:smirk:

set your rebound first then the compression, as rebound makes a big difference to compression, but not vice versa.