Sign in to follow this  

Anti Seize on header studs?

I have a new 2008S sitting in my garage waiting for the snow to melt! I plan to do the " MotoMan break-in".I already have everything I need to deal with all the known issues, MCCT,Loctite fixes etc. Just got thinking it would probably be a good idea to put anti seize on header studs and nuts now before they get baked on. I'd list all the stuff I bought for mods but don't want to wear out the ends of my fingers typing:eek: By the way I love this forum. Great guys,Mega info!

I'd put it on the header nut and bolt, the midpipe clamp bolt and the bolt that mounts the mid pipe to the passenger foot peg bracket. I'd also put it on the three Allen bolts holding the end cap in place. Once a year, redo the this and they will never be seized.

Yep, I put it on everything. Any bolt that doesn't require locktite gets anti-seize.:)

Glen.

Would also never-seize front and rear axle and swing arm bolt. These can be real suckers to remove when they seize in!

Good thought on the never seize.

I've had a tube of it in my tool box for a long time(5 yrs) and It's still less than half used. I guess I needed this post to remind me to use it more often.

Tony

I'd put it on the header nut and bolt, the midpipe clamp bolt and the bolt that mounts the mid pipe to the passenger foot peg bracket. I'd also put it on the three Allen bolts holding the end cap in place. Once a year, redo the this and they will never be seized.

hey william......did you anti-seize up your O2 Sensor/Bung:eek:

hey william......did you anti-seize up your O2 Sensor/Bung:eek:

I put it on the bung plug, not the sensor. I do not want to risk contaminating the sensor with the anti-seize.

When I install the sensor, I run a tap through the bung to clean out the threads. The sensor is never on more than a few days. When I remove the sensor, I apply anti-seize to the bung plug upon re-install.

Would also never-seize front and rear axle and swing arm bolt. These can be real suckers to remove when they seize in!

Thanx Bro....love yer mudder.