Headers for a XR600R?

I see some of you have them, how do you like 'em? Do they make a noticible difference in power? Since I am going to be replacing the cam and the carb, I have some cash from some old Triumph parts I sold and would like to just do it all at once. But if the gains are not worth it I would rather spend the $$ somewhere else. I already have the cam and carb, so the cash would go toward the head pipe.

Also the book I have says you have to remove the motor from the frame to replace the cam, is this true or can it be done without removal?:banghead: It does look tight between the frame and the top of the motor.

I'e also decided to go with the steering damper, and the Acerbis SM front fender, I think I am going to get the MX rear fender and the under the fender LED rear tail light set up.I really like that look.?

Thoughts on the head pipe? FYI, I am running a Supertrapp. Thanks.

Mark

I think a header is worth it, especially if there are other mods on the engine like a piston and cam. You may find it worthwhile to put some more discs on the Supertrapp too.

You should be able to get the head cover off without removing the engine. There should be just enough space to wrestle it to the rear of the cylinder if the carb and intake boot are removed. The earlier bikes have even less room and the engine does have to be unbolted.