Sign in to follow this  

Sponsored Rider needs help...K-5

This dude recently listed all his sponsors for the upcoming national MX season in Canada.

He is going to race a 14 year old KX 500, but needs our help.

I quoted his request below from another forum.

He is on the KX Riders forum if you too would like to contribute to his effort.. I'm sure he will mention your good deed with his podium speech.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok guys i have a problem ok my birthday is april 4th i have a huge ride that all my buddys are going for its for my birthday i really need a rear wheel i have no money im just trying to get by any help would make me sooooo frigin thankful.

Ummm:thinking:

Let me get this straight. The guy is a sponsored rider, but is riding a 14 year old bike with no rear wheel. And he needs someone to give him a new rear wheel for his birthday so he can go ride in a big race with no money.

:):banghead:

This dude recently listed all his sponsors for the upcoming national MX season in Canada.

He is going to race a 14 year old KX 500, but needs our help.

I quoted his request below from another forum.

He is on the KX Riders forum if you too would like to contribute to his effort.. I'm sure he will mention your good deed with his podium speech.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok guys i have a problem ok my birthday is april 4th i have a huge ride that all my buddys are going for its for my birthday i really need a rear wheel i have no money im just trying to get by any help would make me sooooo frigin thankful.

This is too funny. Racing CMRC on a KX500 with circa late 80's technology, AND with no money? Your asking us for parts and or money? Yea ok.... i'll send a check right out to you as soon as I stop laughing....

Yup that's right....he dropped sponsor names like no tomorrow.

I called him out on it a few times...then got booted from the site.

He just could not fathom his stock 500 not totally destroying a 450 at MX :banghead:

I have both a 05 CRF 450 R, & a sick modded K-5.

Anyway, i got booted, & he still remains there with his bullshit.

BTW....He is also a motorcycle mechanic apparently......sad deal is so am i....with papers.:banghead:

He saaid his bike would not start because the oil was too thick !!! LOL !!!

Anyway, he needs a rim, & i'm sure his speech from the podium will include anyone's generosity :)

Another topic started by this K-5 prodogy.

I'm probably peddy in popsting this stuff, but i got booted for calling this guy out, & even tried to help him out through pm's :)

His sponsors included all the big MX names....i think he thought having stickers meant he was sposored or something:bonk:

Not to mention his various recent MX titles riding his 84 CR 250 with a one off pipe.

Fuggin burns my ass....i call him out,,,,,& i get bootede :banghead:

Not that i need that forum .... it is just the point of it.

I will add that it is a decent forum with lots of great info in regards to the K-5.

His post is below.....

hope you dont ban me david!

ok theres something that has me a lil mad but mostly, why the hell does this happen, we have people hording parts, come on guys i understand that yes 2014 there going to stop makeing k5 parts, but come on we have people in need of parts and cant aford them or just plane cant get them, its killing our sport we need to learn to trust people and we need to help a brother out when it is needed

Another topic started by this K-5 prodogy.

I'm probably peddy in popsting this stuff, but i got booted for calling this guy out, & even tried to help him out through pm's :)

His sponsors included all the big MX names....i think he thought having stickers meant he was sposored or something:bonk:

Not to mention his various recent MX titles riding his 84 CR 250 with a one off pipe.

Fuggin burns my ass....i call him out,,,,,& i get bootede :banghead:

Not that i need that forum .... it is just the point of it.

I will add that it is a decent forum with lots of great info in regards to the K-5.

His post is below.....

hope you dont ban me david!

ok theres something that has me a lil mad but mostly, why the hell does this happen, we have people hording parts, come on guys i understand that yes 2014 there going to stop makeing k5 parts, but come on we have people in need of parts and cant aford them or just plane cant get them, its killing our sport we need to learn to trust people and we need to help a brother out when it is needed

there gonna stop making K5 parts in 2014?? :banghead: i hope this is false!!!

there gonna stop making K5 parts in 2014?? :) i hope this is false!!!

Manufacturers are required by law to make available replacement parts for anything up to 10 years old. After that, the manufacturers can start to discontinue parts. Kawasaki is NOT all of a sudden going to cease availability on all KX500 parts (especially the common replacement parts). You might find that in the distant future post 2014, some of the more oddball KX500 parts will in fact become discontinued. We all know Kawasaki has produced the KX500 from 1989 all the way up to 2004, so believe me parts will be around for a LONG time...

So the "KX500 parts scare" is all fear and BS.....

Manufacturers are required by law to make available replacement parts for anything up to 10 years old.

I didn't know that - thanks for the info!

Do you think that law is bike specific or does it apply to autos, marine and other assorted motorized gadgets?