Sign in to follow this  

2010 Crf250??

hmm EFI 250, could be good :) the header that comes out and around the frame is still a bit sketchy though

That header that comes around the front of the frame is the 450F, seems too susceptible to damage. Hope the 250F doesnt come out in production with the same header setup *fingers crossed*.

possibly for quickly cleaning the mud off.. peel off muddy foam, throw new foam in.. or mud has a hard time sticking to that type of foam?

The foam is only there because the race was pretty muddy. Less mud accumulates under the fenders with the foam which = less weight as the moto progresses. You won't see that on production bikes, it's just a trick teams use when the tracks get muddy like that. The EFI CRF250R shown has been around for the past 2 or 3 years I believe. The 2010 model won't look like the bike in those photos. The rumor is that is will be very similar to the 09+ CRF450R. A lot of the bikes from Japan are truly factory bikes because they don't have the production rule over there. A lot of that stuff you won't see here in the U.S. on factory bikes or production bikes.

That header that comes around the front of the frame is the 450F, seems too susceptible to damage. Hope the 250F doesnt come out in production with the same header setup *fingers crossed*.
hmm EFI 250, could be good :) the header that comes out and around the frame is still a bit sketchy though

I dont get it. 2 strokes pipe way more vulnerable, and they seem to work out ok. Why the sudden change in perspective?

You're right, 2 stroke pipes work out ok, but they do get dented quite often.

The 250F's header now is somewhat out of the way and it would be nice to keep it that way, but if it's in the name of power, I would have no objections. :)

You're right, 2 stroke pipes work out ok, but they do get dented quite often.

The 250F's header now is somewhat out of the way and it would be nice to keep it that way, but if it's in the name of power, I would have no objections. :)

Thats kinda mine train of thought.

The Xr 650 has had that style of pipe for lots of years. I have one, and know many guys that have raced baja (thousands of miles racing and pre-running) and damaging that header pipe is very rare, even in spectacular cartwheel crashes in 5th gear across the desert. The pipe looks like it hangs out, but it does not seem to get hit. I would not worry about it.