Sign in to follow this  

Broken collar bone x-ray

That one will never heal.

If you have Kaiser, God help you.

The pic looks small but is that the scapula showing from the back or is the collarbone angulated toward the sub-clavian circulation? Looks like the bone ends aren't even close.

When I broke My collerbone the doc miss aligned it for a reason. He said that when it healed the calcium would build up thicker through the break area thus making it stronger than a perfect alignment. I have broken mine three different times and each doc (all different) set it the same way.

That will be interesting. Go see Dr Mark or you will regret it

You can't "set" a broken clavicle to a desired position without a plate. Could you have broken it three times because it was never right after the first time?

There is no way that you can feel good just letting that alone, trust us that have been there.

Well my son got seen by two doctors today and the second felt his break needed to be repaired with a plate, we agreed and he is having surgery in the morning.

My Sons surgery went well, they aligned and plated the fracture. He's on his third day since the operation now and is much more comfortable, a re-check and xray is planned in ten days. I'll try to post xrays after that.