Sign in to follow this  

jd kit install. spring LOST

The instructions that come with the kit are excellent! :)

The manufacturer sais do not lose the small spring located below the plastic retainer. So... i lost it:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ... and replaced it with one from... my pen.

The bike runs perfect. Should i order the oem spring or stick to the pen spring? Any possibility to damage my bike?

That spring is not a calibrated part. Any light spring with "more or less the same tension" will work. I'm speculating a ball point pen spring is probably quite a bit heavier than the original spring. It may be OK but I would want a spring close to the original tension. Many carb designs do not use any spring. The purpose of the spring is to hold the needle down and let it flex a little bit. You notice the needle sits kind of "crooked". That is because there is a raised "dot" on the slide to hold it crooked. The spring holds the needle against the dot so it does not rattle around but will still flex to the side slightly with light pressure. Excess spring pressure will tend to wear the needle and needle jet.

• Like 1