Sign in to follow this  

wr 250f 2005 wont start

i had the bike running yesterday but today when i went to take it to the petrol station it wouldnt start up. i drained the carb incase there was anything in there then i pulled the plug. should the spark plug spark when you put it to earth as mine does not so i tried a new plug and that wouldnt spark either when i put it to earth.

ive taken the coil off and cheked there is continuity between the 2 spade conectors in the coil but there isnt continuity between either of the spades and the end where the plug goes into it. should that have continuity?

help is greatly appreciated as im suposed to be going out tomorow and ie been looking forward to it all week.

thanks

rich

any other suggestions

Can you kick start it?

cheers for the replies, it was the kill swith sticking on. i opend it up and i think ive lost a part from it as the metal contact plate sits on top of both the connections on either side of the switch. should there be some sort of spring inbetween them?

ive disconected the switch now so i can still ride tomorow :)

thanks

rich

make sure your kill switch is working fine n that thers not a short in it. Yesterday my WR250F wouldnt start and ive rode 4 times during the winter and i found out the battery was close to dead. Make sure ur battery is fully charged