Sign in to follow this  

Picking Up Another TT600

I'm pretty stoked. My current bikes build hasn't progressed at all in a couple years for various reasons so I'm hoping that by getting a complete running bike, I'll finally finish what I started.:) Here it is: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/1069663041.html My bosses son is on his way down to pick it up for me as I write this. My idea is to install all of the new parts I have amassed onto this bike. The plan is to build it into an AHRMA class motocrosser (at least at this point; I have a habit of changing my mind...a lot. :banghead: ) I'll post pics as the build progresses.

Not ALL the best deals but a fair amount. lol

The bike just showed up and it's in better shape than I could have imagined. Other than scratched plastic and the typical paint worn off the top end this thing is in excellent shape! The hubs, spokes, rims, forks etc. all look new. Not a tear in the seat or tool pouch. The engine runs great and sounds tight. There's not a whole lot to do to this thing.

Since I have all the new plastic (including the tank) I'll throw that stuff on, as well as the new Works Performance shock. It is set up for motocross with a 200 lb rider aboard. Perfect. I'll get some stiffer springs for the forks and maybe some heavier oil and should be good to go!:)

I had a 1984 tt600, bought it for 900 when I was 16 and couldn't kill it with a stick. It was a heavy sucker though, 310 dry I think. Nice score, good luck and post pics with the new plastic.

Well, I got kinda busy taking care of a few items. The steering stem bearings felt a bit tight and notchy when I got it and have gotten worse just sitting. So I pulled the tripples apart and did a quickie clean and lube on the bearings and reassembled. :p

Just riding it around my house a bit I could tell it was a little lean right off idle to about 1/8 throttle, so I fattened up the primary carb needle one clip position and that cleared it right up. :lol:

I just got back from takin' her for a shakedown ride at a local riding spot and came back pretty impressed. This old girls got some excellent low RPM torque and is easy to ride in rutted up hilly stuff. First gear's even lower than the 650Rs with a 13T counter sprocket. I know it's as heavy as my 650R but it feels lighter and seems more flickable. I think I was hitting the water bars faster on this bike than the 650R! :cry:

It still has some carb issues though. Feels like the secondary carb is coming in and out; surging at or near WOT.

Anyways, here's a couple pics after the ride and cleaned up.

xrandtt001.jpg

xrandtt002.jpg