Sign in to follow this  

URGENT: Omnibus Land grab back up for vote again Monday March 16th

Just got this email from the ama....man this pisses me off and it does not even effect me locally. :)

Omnibus Public Lands Bill to be Voted on Monday, March 16! Call your Senators NOW!

The American Motorcyclist Association urges everyone to contact their Senators to vote "No" on H.R. 146, the Revolutionary War and War of 1812 Battlefield Acquisition Grant Program. This bill was formerly known as S. 22, the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009, which would prohibit all motorized vehicle access including motorcycles and ATVs on over 2 million acres of public lands. As you may know, S. 22 was defeated just days ago on March 11 in the U.S. House of Representatives.

Now, following defeat of the bill, the U.S. Senate leadership is expected to employ a little used parliamentary procedure that allows them to overcome the outcome of the House vote on S. 22.

The U.S. House of Representatives preserved your access to vital public lands when S. 22 fell two votes short of the two-thirds majority needed to pass on March 11th. The successful defeat of the bill was only accomplished after thousands of concerned individuals, like you, contacted their Representatives to tell them to oppose the legislation. However, the Senate Leadership wants to try and un-do that success by bringing the bill back as a 1,300 page amendment to an unrelated bill for a vote as early as Monday.

With such a short time frame for action, the best way to tell your Senators to vote "No" on H.R. 146 is to call. Click here to get the phone number for your Senators. Enter your zip code in the "Find Your Officials" box and click on the name of your Senators.

If you would prefer to contact your Senators with e-mail, you may contact your Senators by clicking here. We have pre-written a letter for your use.

Immediate action is critical to help keep 2.1 million acres of public land open to motorized recreation. Please call your Senators and tell everyone you can to do the same.

Next week, every Senator must know to vote "No" on H.R. 146!

go here to get contact info for your senators

http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/rapidresponse.asp

im gonna put a phone call in right now

This is becoming a weekly event in our household: Call/write your rep/senator. I spend more time on the phone or computer than I'd like on these issues, but if it preserve our freedoms... good!

-Kerry

I sent the letter to my senators, Boxer and Fiendstein. Might as well of sent it a couple of fence posts, they would care more what I think. :)

Why is this being voted on again? Isn't one failure enough? I guess they keep doing it b/c the majority just roll over and let them.....:):banghead: :banghead:

Why is this being voted on again? Isn't one failure enough? I guess they keep doing it b/c the majority just roll over and let them.....:):banghead: :banghead:

One failure is only enough when we fail.... If they win then it stays that way, if we win then they bombard and barrage the powers that be like a bunch of whiney little brats until it goes up for another vote, and another and another till they win! Once they win it stays we can't do the same it doesn't work. If we whine and complain etc. we get the answer "we voted you lost live with it" they can't deal with their own answer so they cry and now it's up for vote again.........:foul::p

It might have failed the first time because the bill contained about a thousand different riders/components. Not sure what the renewed form of it is - but your voice *does* make a difference. I've read interviews with legislators who say that a few hundred calls/letters can be enough to persuade them on an issue. So do it NOW. This link takes you straight to the letter:

http://capwiz.com/amacycle/utr/2/?a=12914591&i=90848975&c=

One failure is only enough when we fail.... If they win then it stays that way, if we win then they bombard and barrage the powers that be like a bunch of whiney little brats until it goes up for another vote, and another and another till they win! Once they win it stays we can't do the same it doesn't work. If we whine and complain etc. we get the answer "we voted you lost live with it" they can't deal with their own answer so they cry and now it's up for vote again.........:):banghead:

You hit the nail on the head my friend...I think a revolt is in the near future if our governement keeps doing idiotic things.....:banghead:

It might have failed the first time because the bill contained about a thousand different riders/components. Not sure what the renewed form of it is - but your voice *does* make a difference. I've read interviews with legislators who say that a few hundred calls/letters can be enough to persuade them on an issue. So do it NOW. This link takes you straight to the letter:

http://capwiz.com/amacycle/utr/2/?a=12914591&i=90848975&c=

Done

Son and I both signed...Again.