Sign in to follow this  

Brown Mtn. Opening week Ride ?

I will be coming back from Cali. on the 1st and be ready to ride either thurs. or Fri. ! Who will be riding those days at Brown ? I cannot ride that weekend b/c of a family trip . But I really really want to get some Brown Mtn. in that week ! So who is going to take a day off work ? I want to get up there early and burn through 2-3 tanks of gas and leave as the sun is setting !

I will be there on the 1st with a new season pass and plenty of extra gas. :)

Does it officially open on Wednesday April 1st this year? I might have to take the day off...haven't been on the dirt since that last teamrace at Millers Farm.

Does it officially open on Wednesday April 1st this year? I might have to take the day off...haven't been on the dirt since that last teamrace at Millers Farm.

Nebo Ranger Station informed me April 1st when I called:ride:

I wont be able to ride until the 2nd or 3rd ! I need some peoples to ride with !

So Greg-Travis what day works best for you guys ? Friday would be better for me as I will be jet lagged pretty bad thursday . But I can swing either day .

I'm down for the Brown Frown but I won't know what day until closer to. I'm good for weekday riding, it just depends on when I get back from vacation.

So Greg-Travis what day works best for you guys ? Friday would be better for me as I will be jet lagged pretty bad thursday . But I can swing either day .

Friday is probably good for me...

how about letting us know if the rangers are out, waiting on us to go off trail. if they are going to be handin out tickets this year, Brown won't be near as much fun, and may get marked off my list.:)

how about letting us know if the rangers are out, waiting on us to go off trail. if they are going to be handin out tickets this year, Brown won't be near as much fun, and may get marked off my list.:)

I don't know what you are talking about . That is seriously illegal and I would never ever ever go off the marked trail .

Hey Garrett, have you heard it's gonna be any different than years past? Is there some kinda law enforcement crackdown going on the year?

Hey Garrett, have you heard it's gonna be any different than years past? Is there some kinda law enforcement crackdown going on the year?

I just heard that they got strict toward the end of last year, handing out several $300 tickets. seems Brown got really popular last year and there has been lots of talk about it here... maybe they follow these threads. I just can't afford a ticket.

It's ashamed really as they should be working with us to build and maintain trails instead of treating us like tresspassers. Brown could be so much more if handled properly...

Hi All.

Brown Mountain...opening weekend...very inviting.

I'm absolutely interested. I need to shed my winter layer of fat.:)

I spoke with Fun Cycles in Morganton, NC today...they did not know when they would receive passes for sale, but...

According to the NC Parks Ranger Station I spoke with this AM...There is a meeting this Thursday (don't know what time) at the ranger station regarding Brown Mountain OHV and annual passes will be distributed to the various dealerships that are authorized to sell them to the public.

I wonder if there are new "rules of engagement" so to speak, regarding trails and riders. I didn't see anything posted on the Brown Mountain OHV web site...

Anyway...I'm in.

-Jay

Hi All.

Brown Mountain...opening weekend...very inviting.

I'm absolutely interested. I need to shed my winter layer of fat.:banghead:

I spoke with Fun Cycles in Morganton, NC today...they did not know when they would receive passes for sale, but...

According to the NC Parks Ranger Station I spoke with this AM...There is a meeting this Thursday (don't know what time) at the ranger station regarding Brown Mountain OHV and annual passes will be distributed to the various dealerships that are authorized to sell them to the public.

I wonder if there are new "rules of engagement" so to speak, regarding trails and riders. I didn't see anything posted on the Brown Mountain OHV web site...

Anyway...I'm in.

-Jay

is it an open meeting? maybe someone could attend to see what's up.

Brown's pretty boring having to ride around on the same ole clapped out 4 wheeler trails. Thing is, they used to be only motorcycle trails before kwads were around. So, the FR's just let the kwads destroy everything and not create more ST for us.:)

I am ready to go, right after a rain. It will have to be on a weekend though.

Me and 3 more guys will be down there bright and early on sat the 4th to hit every trail possible until dawn. Would like to hook up with some of you guys if possible!

is it an open meeting? maybe someone could attend to see what's up.

Brown's pretty boring having to ride around on the same ole clapped out 4 wheeler trails. Thing is, they used to be only motorcycle trails before kwads were around. So, the FR's just let the kwads destroy everything and not create more ST for us.:)

I am ready to go, right after a rain. It will have to be on a weekend though.

The person I spoke with this AM didn't say if the meeting was open to the public.

My impression is that the meeting is for those facilities selling passes.

-Jay