Sign in to follow this  

was this my problem?

So i pulled my carb to jet it today (05drzsm with full yosh ti system, K&N, 3X3 mod). The previous owner put all that stuff on there but didnt know if it had been jetted (there were actualy 2 previous owners). The bike sputtered and kicked when holding a steady speed and it popped REALLY bad on decel. So after pulling the carb out i find that it ALREADY had a jet kit put in it. but the small O ring under the black top cap was missing when i took it off to inspect.

So i guess my real question is was the missing O ring my problem with the bike running poorly or do i need to keep hunting?

I had that small o ring missing for 2 ridings seasons before rejetting my carb and notice it was gone.years.. I thought that was the cause of the "bog" I had when snapping the throttle. It did make a small difference when I put the o ring back in, but it didn't solve the problem 100%.

Mine wasn't popping on deccel though.

Post up your current jetting, exhaust, and elevation that you ride at and someone will come along and let you know the proper jetting.

It works like magic.

I had another thread and Eddie chimed in with what im sure is the correct jetting. only thing i dont know about is the pilot jet because there are no markings on it. may have to get one and just put it in to make sure its right.

Either way its a 2005 DRZSM with full yosh ti system, K&N air filter, 3x3 mod and my elevation is 800ft above sea level. I had to order the O ring and they are talkin a week till it gets here. Anyone know its exact size? then i could just pick one up at a autoparts store?