Sign in to follow this  

Clutch springs

It is time to replace my clutch plates. Should I also replace the springs? Will heavy duty springs make my clutch pull lighter?

Will heavy duty springs make my clutch pull lighter?

Just the opposite. When you pull the lever your compressing those springs. The majority of the resistance (pull) you feel in the lever is due to the springs.

yes. the steel plates should be alright just get the fibers and springs. and measure the steel plates thickness and make sure there not warped.

if you want lighter pull you can drill a new hole in your leaver like this sorry im not to good at paint lol but you get the idea basical your drilling a new hole right next to the orginal hole maybe 1 mm between the two cable holes

Untitled-1.jpg

ill take a picture of a real leaver tomarrow but its raining out side so i dont want to walk out to the shop

of course it going to change your changing the leverage point as long as you dont get cared away and have a decent clutch basket and hub it will cause no problem and if it does it really easy to reverse just put the cable back in the original hole. only thing is you might fry your clutch the first ride because you will be slipping the clutch cause it so light you dont even know your pulling it in. plus if you have a drill bit set its a free mod you cant get better then that. or if you have a wedder at your house you can cut and weld the arm by the flywheel for the same effect.but drilling the hole takes the same amount of time to just take the ign. cover off