Sign in to follow this  

Wife layed off = bye bye to my 03 YZ 250

Damm, I just bought the super clean beast in Jan. and now, having not even ridden it, I'm going to have to sell.

Anyone else losing their YZ to the economy? Perhaps it'll make me feel better.......:)

or sell her bling that sits on top of the dresser >:)

Yea, sacrifices should be equal. Selling the bike will only be a temporary fix, whats next, the riding lawn mower? She should have to ebay some shoes or something.

fair is fair, the most obvious choice isnt always the best

Sorry to here that, yard sales are a good way to get some extra cash, or like Shurbitup said maybe some odd jobs, its never a good thing to get rid of the toys because they are normally the hardest thing to get back

If you don't have kids yet go ahead and get rid of her while you can. Once you have kids there's no way to get divorced without losing EVERYTHING including most of your retirement. Use this to trade down to a cheaper/younger one and keep the YZ.:) You know the old saying..... "why get married? just find a woman you hate and give her a house".

Craigus

• Like 1

Can't lie to you, my YZ is on my list of things I can live without if things get bad. The girl friend and I have both come close to the layoff axe, I've started to inventory what I can do without. I have thrown a lot of little extra junk up for sale, be lucky to make over $100 on it all though. At least it's that much less junk to move if need be!

We all feel for you and I'm sure that most of us are close to the same situation right now. I myself just got a new bike but only because my last one was stolen and the insurance company paid me for it. Yet I still keep thinking I could have just used the money to pay off some debt. Thinking about it even more lately, I'm in the construction business and now I'm only working 3 or 4 days a week instead of the usual 40 hours. When all the money is gone, something's got to go unfortunately.

I live in fear that I may loose mine too, and I just got it in December.

Thats the reality of living in Michigan. Have to have money for whats most important, and roof over my head and phone are most important.

I wont sell my bike..no matter what. I did without for many years and realized something. All of life is fun and dandy, but the day I have to sell the things that make it special to cover the day to day crap, soemthings wrong...

these things are worth not much in today's economy...a phrase I am sick of hearing. "Today's Economy" as if this mess has not been in the works for years..The tards loaning money to people with no possible way to pay it back. A guy bringing home 2k per month cannot buy a house costing 4k per.

Still, a yz covers one months house payment.

Thank you, but I will find another way.

the way i see it anything that is paied off there is no reason to get rid of it. if i need money that bad now ill need money that bad a month from now too... selling the bike would only give me money temporarily and ill be back to where i am now in a short period of time, but i wont have a bike...

selling the bike would only give me money temporarily and ill be back to where i am now in a short period of time, but i wont have a bike...

And chasing one down to refill the stable takes time effort and money. Invariably, it WON'T be set up to your standards/needs either. :)

First off, I'd like to say that I am very sorry to hear about your wife being laid off. This type of story is becoming way too common in America these days. Scary times for sure.

Unless I was actually in your position, I can't really speak to exactly what you should do with your YZ250. However, I will say this. I would try my best to avoid having to sell it. Things like cars, motorcycles, boats, etc. lose so much of their value that it's very tough to accept taking such a hit on them. Plus, the cost of an adequate replacement downstream is usually quite a bit more than the amount of cash you sold the previous item for.

At any rate, best of luck to you and your wife. Hopefully things will start looking up for you soon.

Ron

• Like 1

Ron M, great point. Its probably easier to sell garage stuff for 50 bucks each than lose a ton on a nice motorcycle.

Once bikes are sold, owners rarely ever replace them. I've lost a lot of riding friends because of that.

i would stop riding, but i dont think i would sell the bike. Its paid for, and isnt worth much. The expenses of keeping it running are what cost alot.

Thanks for the commiseration folks. I'll live but it's a damm clean bike and it'll be hard to see it head down the drive way. I'm asking 2k for it and 2k will

buy a lot of groceries till she gets hooked up again.

This is just a thought, but it could be easier to find a replacement wife than a nice, clean 03 yz 250.

I returned a bunch of X mas gifts given to me one year so I could get my daughter a bike. I never missed the gifts and my daughter has long forgotten about the bike. Still, it makes me feel good thinking about that day.

Sell the bike and replace it with a new 09 when times are good again..or just before you file bankruptcy...either works just about the same.

MAN rule # 607.

NEVER EVER sell a toy , unless a direct replacement toy of equal or greater value has been located .

24hrsparkey

Ive been finding broke bikes cheep and fixing them. You will find 2 strokes are much easier to make money off of.

"Id rather buy a broke 2 stroke than a well running 4 stroke"