Sign in to follow this  

Tire Size

I am currently running a 100/90-19 in the rear.My question is, will a

100/100-18 fit as well?And what is the difference in the two sizes?

I am currently running a 100/90-19 in the rear.My question is, will a

100/100-18 fit as well?And what is the difference in the two sizes?

OK, here is how it works. Example, a 100/90-19 means the tire width is 100 millimeters which is just under 4" wide. The "90" is the sidewall, (its really called aspect ratio) but its not in millimeters, its in percentage. This means its 90% of the width. Well, 90% of 100 is 90mm. So if you ever go wider from stock, you usually want to drop down one side in aspect ratio. Aspect ratio is in 10's, ie 100, 90, 80 etc. If you dont drop down the aspect ratio while going to a wider tire, the tire will get taller.

Let say it came with a 110/100, if you wanted to run a 120, you get a 120/90, and if you wanted to run a 130, get a 130/80. Its hard to find anything under 80 or over 100 on the aspect ratio.

The last number is wheel size, in your case, a 19" which is motocross the 18" will not work and visa versa.

• Like 2

^^ hmm didnt know that.

so a tire of 120/100/19 would measure 120mm wide. 120mm sidewall, and 19 inch inner diamater?

a 120/90/19 would be 120mm wide, 108mm sidewall (120 x .9), and 19 inch I.D?

Actually, you gave me - gas, ie red square and minus points followed up with "thanks for the info", so I can assume it wasnt deliberate?. :) Default is "+ gas" if you didnt click on anything.

omg wth seriously?

I totally wasnt paying attention and must have clicked the bad gas option by accident!!!! im so sorry. is there anyway I can get it changed to a good gas, or something.

omg wth seriously?

I totally wasnt paying attention and must have clicked the bad gas option by accident!!!! im so sorry. is there anyway I can get it changed to a good gas, or something.

Hey, no big deal, your intention was good. :banghead: Once done, its done. I knew from your reply you didnt intend to do that. Dont lose any sleep over it. :):banghead:

• Like 1