Sign in to follow this  

2008 Xrl

What would a good out the door price on a left over 08 be? I was getting a 09 but it has not come in yet, and it may not till after the price goes up($600-$800) April 1st. The 09 was going to be between $5995-$6099 out the door.

Going to look at a DRZ today but I still want a new XRL.

Thanks

What would a good out the door price on a left over 08 be? I was getting a 09 but it has not come in yet, and it may not till after the price goes up($600-$800) April 1st. The 09 was going to be between $5995-$6099 out the door.

Going to look at a DRZ today but I still want a new XRL.

Thanks

I was gonna get a DRZ 400sm until I sat on the XR650l, Paid $5900.00 FOR MY 2008 XR650L.:)

I see you're in Wisconson, check out this barely broken in 07 on Fleabay(It's in Illinois, so unless you have something against FIB's:smirk: , looks like it could be a deal). Save your self a load of cabbage for all the upgrades you'll end up doing later, new bars, pegs, can, tank, the list is endless........once you get bitten by the BRP bug.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycles___2007-HONDA-XR650L-MOTORCYCLE_W0QQitemZ320348529267QQddnZMotorcyclesQQddiZ2283QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_motorcycles?hash=item320348529267&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A7%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Reserve is set @ $4300!!!!! Disclaimer: I guess before I get flogged, I am not the seller nor do I have anything to do with the seller. It also already has a T-4 can on it

Thats about the norm, price wise.

That norm depends on what part of the world ur @....

I had to pay $9,200 for mine. :) The good part is that now they're around $12,000 :banghead:

Thanks

I have made offers on one right in my area as well with 1800 miles, wants $4200 OBO but wont take $4000. Some others not in as good of shape want more than they are worth to me.

I like the idea of new and knowing what it has been through, not that anything is wrong with used.

My list of upgrades and parts I would like to get make me wonder if I should just get a KTM or Husky, but the riding I will do doesn't warrant one.

Some of my list: bars, pegz, tank, tires, Daves mod's make sense, seat(Maybe Corbin), sub frame, not sure about exhaust.

The ones I've rode made me want one of my own.

I see you're in Wisconson, check out this barely broken in 07 on Fleabay(It's in Illinois, so unless you have something against FIB's:smirk: , looks like it could be a deal). Save your self a load of cabbage for all the upgrades you'll end up doing later, new bars, pegs, can, tank, the list is endless........once you get bitten by the BRP bug.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycles___2007-HONDA-XR650L-MOTORCYCLE_W0QQitemZ320348529267QQddnZMotorcyclesQQddiZ2283QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_motorcycles?hash=item320348529267&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A7%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Reserve is set @ $4300!!!!! Disclaimer: I guess before I get flogged, I am not the seller nor do I have anything to do with the seller. It also already has a T-4 can on it

Don't be scared of a lightly used XR650L, especially if it has less than 2k miles on it. If it's clean looking and they can prove that they changed the oil at 600 miles and checked the valves, there's not a whole heck of a lot that could be wrong. Knowing what I know now about the XR, I wouldn't have sprung for my 08 last year for $5k last year w/ 362 miles on it. I would have looked for an older one with a couple thousand miles.

My rule of thumb for used bikes is this:

1) Does it start?

2) Does it idle smooth?

3) does it shift through all the gears smoothly?

4) Does it stop?

Use an online bike locator. I got my '08 in the prime selling season for $5200 brand new. What it is is a service you pay about $10 for, and for more you can widen the search radius. You enter your information, and the info is sent to all the dealers in say, a 200 mile radius. Then, they all call you on the set date that you put in the info, and make their offers. You take the lowest, and pit them against one another. I ended up getting mine for the same lowball that a dealer 150 miles away offered, but the one that counter offered really fought for my business, despite the fact that they didn't even have one in stock- competing against one that had an overstock. They rush ordered me one, and had it in the next day, and didn't charge me for transport or dealer prep.

How often can you say that a $10 investment saved you $800?!?!?

Worked out good for me.

I think the website was powersportstv.com if I remember right.

Or just Google "motorcycle locator service"

I got my 08 brand new off the dealers floor for about $5200, back in september of 07. I ended up driving 2 hours get it and it pays to shop around

The dealer called me(small local dealer compaired to the others around) about a hour ago, he told me I could have a 08 out the door for $6158 and I talked him down to $6050. I called a different dealer and asked them there price, best they could do was $6550 firm out the door on a 08. 09's will list for $6595 after April 1st, plus all the other charges make it to much for me. For now I said I would let them know next week. Man I can't believe I paid $1395 for a XL500 back in 82, and $1495 for a XL350R back in 85.

The dealer called me(small local dealer compaired to the others around) about a hour ago, he told me I could have a 08 out the door for $6158 and I talked him down to $6050. I called a different dealer and asked them there price, best they could do was $6550 firm out the door on a 08. 09's will list for $6595 after April 1st, plus all the other charges make it to much for me. For now I said I would let them know next week. Man I can't believe I paid $1395 for a XL500 back in 82, and $1495 for a XL350R back in 85.

I can't possibly emphasize enough when i say try the locator service. that is WAY too much money for a unit that is already 2 years old, regardless of the fact it is brand new. There are places dying to get rid of these bikes, like in Fort Smith, AR. By using the locator, you will get dealers that are going to fight each other in a bid war to sell you a bike. I researched and found this route when my local small dealer wouldn't work with me at all on a discount. He got screwed in the long run, though- his '07 L is still sitting in his hsowroom taking up space and costing him money. Bad move on his part, he should have worked with me like the other dealers did.

I certainly wouldn't give them 6k for an already one year old model. Get the 2 year old one for much less. :)

I certainly wouldn't give them 6k for an already one year old model. Get the 2 year old one for much less. :)

Amen to that.. I just wanted something that was NEW for once, that hadn't been raped by PO's and that problems passed down to me. Every bike i have ever owned was like that, and i was fed up with having sloppy seconds.

Not to get off subject, but I know by your avatar picture you will appreciate this little clip.. Note the "There's GOTTA be something wrong with THAT guy." hat!! lol.. (about at the 00:43 mark)

:banghead: :banghead:

Amen to that.. I just wanted something that was NEW for once, that hadn't been raped by PO's and that problems passed down to me. Every bike i have ever owned was like that, and i was fed up with having sloppy seconds.

Not to get off subject, but I know by your avatar picture you will appreciate this little clip.. Note the "There's GOTTA be something wrong with THAT guy." hat!! lol.. (about at the 00:43 mark)

:):banghead:

That was HILARIOUS!!!!!!:banghead::foul::p