Sign in to follow this  

Storing stock tank??

I finally got my IMS 4 gal. on, but would like to keep my stock tank for resale or some other unknown reason (ummm....packrat:ride:), but dont want it to rust inside when stored.

Any tips?, should it be oiled or something?. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Cheers, Todd

I finally got my IMS 4 gal. on, but would like to keep my stock tank for resale or some other unknown reason (ummm....packrat:ride:), but dont want it to rust inside when stored.

Any tips?, should it be oiled or something?. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Cheers, Todd

hey ya'll....try a search on this forum. it works well

for instance, I just typed in:

storing stock tank

and the TT Computer spit this out:http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/search.php?searchid=8228445

check it out.....hope this helps

remember.......search the forum works:banana:

Fill it with kerosene. Old solution used on a lot of farm equipment but is still valid.

We used a little Marvel Mystery Oil on the little

gas tank that holds alcohol for starting a top fueler

for the same reason

thanks eddie, i had not heard of marine fogging oil before.

After you drain the tank of all fuel, let it sit for a day or two in a warm spot. Then you spray in the fogging oil, being sure to coat the entire inside of the tank. Dump out any accumulation, put the cap on, and seal up in a garbage bag. Store in a dry place (the basement) that does not experience temperature swings. If you want to use the tank, rinse out with fuel a few times before use.

Thanks guys, I have fogging oil in the garage for the snowmobile and outboard, shoulda thought of that.

Great little write up William1, I just gotta find a dry place, at my house its definatly not the basement,lol. P15-D24, good idea on the dessicant bags as well, we ussually have some laying around at work.

Cheers, Todd