Sign in to follow this  

kx 250 2000 honing?

hi people i havea kx 250 honing that need to be hone. but i heard that electrofusion cant be! what should i do?? my cylinder is not so dammage

hi people i havea kx 250 honing that need to be hone. but i heard that electrofusion cant be! what should i do?? my cylinder is not so dammage

depending on the year of the bike, it may have electrofusion, or it may have nikasil. you cant hone electrofudion at all, and if its nikasil and needs hoining because of lack of crosshathcing, you need a replate anyway. you dont need to hone your cylinder at all

yea i think 2003 they switched to nikasil, i wouldnt sleeve it, its a downgrade, doesnt transfer heat as well, doesnt last as long and is a little more expensive, plate it

Can anyone rep for shops that do replate work

if i replate it should i do it with nikasil?

if i replate it should i do it with nikasil?

absolutely, thats about the only thing you can get done anyway, only other choice is nicom. you would have to buy a new cylinder to get electrofusion

can i buy a new cylinder at a kawa dealer that is made with other than nikasil or electrofusion?

No, getting the stock cylinder repaired and replated is the way to go. Check out hi_im_sean's recent thread with pictures

C'est tres bon!