Sign in to follow this  

Wow! Buncha DRZ's for sale, cheap..

Well, I'm looking at bikes just for the hell of it although I don't have the money for one yet but still, it's kinda fun and just in the last month or so, the amount of bikes that have come up for sale is incredible.

Just look at this section of the Florida craigslist (actually, I removed the link as I'm not sure if it's allowed or not but the area is the Treasure Coast).

Do a search for DRZ. Check out the dates. That's only in a few days. I'm not talking about any particular bike or price, just generally speaking.

Bad for the guys selling and good for those buying. Oh well..

George

Well, I'm looking at bikes just for the hell of it although I don't have the money for one yet but still, it's kinda fun and just in the last month or so, the amount of bikes that have come up for sale is incredible.

Just look at this section of the Florida craigslist (actually, I removed the link as I'm not sure if it's allowed or not but the area is the Treasure Coast).

Do a search for DRZ. Check out the dates. That's only in a few days. I'm not talking about any particular bike or price, just generally speaking.

Bad for the guys selling and good for those buying. Oh well..

George

That is IF you are anywhere close to Florida. Otherwise, FL might as well be France.

That is IF you are anywhere close to Florida. Otherwise, FL might as well be France.

Weird... I'm from France and I live in Florida :)

Well there's a DRZ with your name on it.

Well there's a DRZ with your name on it.

Nah, I'm one of the losers with one for sale :)

Nah, not really. With some of the prices, you can pay 500 bucks for shipping and still come out ahead, OR, you could try to find someone in here or ADV to haul it for ya. Especially if you're not in a hurry.

In any case, the florida listing was just ONE example because that particular one was totally swamped with listings but if you look all over the country, there are now hundreds of drz's and klx's whereas two months ago, there were only a few.

Hey, it would be worse if you were from Florida and lived in France, shipping would be really high then

Weird... I'm from France and I live in Florida :banghead:

Sorry to hear :)

Nah, not really. With some of the prices, you can pay 500 bucks for shipping and still come out ahead

Hmmm..didn't quite see one that was that low.

Again, I just mentioned florida because there were so many but if you go here

http://www.searchtempest.com/

Put in your zip, slide the slider all the way to the right to get the whole country and put this in the search field, click on advanced search and hit search now and then look around what's available in the whole country. There are some killer deals out there.

(your search term that you need to paste "DRZ 400"|DRZ400|KLX 400|KLX400K -80 -125 -250) this will get you all drz's and klx's

Make me an offer I can't refuse and I'll deliver it when I'm driving to California next week... Not sure what it's worth, but cheap it won't be... :)

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7801173#post7801173

Damn, dat dere is a purdy bike. Nice with the gold.

So, Monsieur Frenchie, where in France are you from?

Got a funny story about france actually

You could leave it in SoCal then. I will be driving a vehicle back here from LA in April. :)

Or I could drop it in Denver for an upgrade... :banghead: Last time it was there it got 57HP but I'm sure it could use 60... :banghead:

So, out of curiosity, how much and are you ignoring my question about where you're from?

Damn, dat dere is a purdy bike. Nice with the gold.

So, Monsieur Frenchie, where in France are you from?

Got a funny story about france actually

I'm from Nice in the southeast of France between Cannes and Monaco :)

So, out of curiosity, how much and are you ignoring my question about where you're from?

Sorry, got busy on the phone. I honestly don't know how much it's worth... I know what I have in it but one thing I have learned is that it's only worth what the market and potential buyers are willing to pay for it. I'm going to start my own thread when I have the time to see what others TTers have to say and try and get a realistic price tag on it :)

So, how you gonna sell it? You have to ask for something.

Nice huh? Never been there. Paris, Reims and a few other places but not down there although I did drive down to Spain once so not sure where the hell I passed through to get to spain. It's been awhile

I'm going to poll the TT collective... There are enough people on here that trade parts and bikes to get a pretty accurate estimate.

You can always count on the collective knowledge of this forum :)

Absolutely but you may want to list any parts that are not obvious or list the mods period to make it easier on them

A lot of sellers will wait til March/April to try to sell their bikes, that's when new bike owners begin looking with spring/summer coming up. Not many try to buy/sell during the winter.