Sign in to follow this  

Dirt Bike directions from the town of Washington to Burlington Ridge.

Next month when the forest opens up and the snow dies down.

I'm thinking of something of a new adventure. Stage up at Burlington and ride down to Washington. Have lunch at the open air bar/restaurant with a view of the river. Check out the campers, enjoy the scenery. Then ride back that afternoon.

I've ridden all over that spot but not that specific trail.

My concern is where this trail empties out to Washington.

I gotta whip out the maps and plan that route. I've been told once or twice this ride is a good time.

Another question is............... how long a ride is it one way? Any landmarks? Is it all single track or fire roads.

Yup.

It looks like a 20 minute ride from Skillman Campground down Alpha Diggings Rd. (unimproved..... read fire road). 4~5 Miles. Arrive just left of Washington.

Now I'm not a big fan of fire roads but it is a direct shot. Must have some off shoots I'm sure. There are a few more spots everyone should see at least once. Graniteville, Buck Mt., and Cherry Hill,

I even have the GPS coordinates. I love the INTERNET. Now it's off to Google Earth. :)

After being lost in the woods more than once, and having to spend the night out there, guess there's something about being prepared. :banghead: Guess I should pack some extra gas too. Just in case! :banghead:

tlast hanksgiving. the bar/hotel you are talking about in Washington is well worth the stop scenery wise. The current owner was there and has had it for about 25 years and rescued it from falling into the river. Bar is one solid piece of wood. Being a day or two before Thanksgiving they were out of food but they did have some pizza they heated up for me. In the summer they have a restaurant going. I think they may have been closed that day--can't remember. Met an old ranger from Bodie at the bar and he told us some ghost stories. We did the ride as a dual sport from Grass Valley basically out 20 and then down to Washington and then back across the Yuba make a left and up to makakoff diggings left back to GV. The road from 20 is a big fire road and there were a bunch of quad type things coming up it so it has some traffic. Easily done on a big DS.

A few days later we hooked up with some locals and rode Burlington Ridge pretty much all single track and that was great. Fun trip all in all. I liked it better than Elkins myself though I haven't checked out that area fully yet.

You can ride trail from chaulk Bluff over to Skillman then down to Washington.