Sign in to follow this  

Jetting advice

Ok i have had my 2001 cr250r now for a while and i have slowly been adding little things here and there. It has a pro circuit pipe, and v-force reeds. the bike runs awesome however, i am very ocd about it and have read all over about re-jetting i was just wondering if anyone has any advice. i had read in an article "what honda didnt tell you about the 2001 cr250" to go up to a 430 main 32 pilot and a h176 needle to replace the stock 420 main 35 pilot and 173 needle. the only question i have about this is since my bike has these modifications would there be any other jetting advice?..i know i have read that with v-force jetting is not usually needed and the bike runs amazing?

I had an 01 & remember when that article came out. I tried the jetting they recomended & it ran pretty rich. The mukini will run better with a leaner main jet. The jetting I'd recomend to start off is a 32.5 pilot, s8 nozzzle, 400 main jet with the stock needle in the 3rd pos. & AS between 1 1/2 - 2. Depending on your elev. temp & humidity it will vary a little. I just recently did those settings to a friends bike & it runs crisp through out the powerband. He's also running the PC pipe w/ vforce reeds. You can also buy a jd kit & take the guess work out of it.

I have a 2001. When I first got it is was jetted as standard and was way too rich. Typically it had little to no bottom end.

I fitted a JD Jetting kit and this made a world of difference. The main changes the kit made were a new needle jet and a new needle. The standard Mikuni needle jet is way too rich.

The bike has not lost any of the top end and now has a reasonable bottom end as well. This has made it a lot easier to ride.

Go for the JD kit it is traight forward to fit and works really well on the Mikuni carburettor.

Have you pulled your carb apart to see if it still has stock jetting in it? And I think you need to look into adding a flywheel weight....