Sign in to follow this  

Preparing for Dave's Mods - question about washer

Okay, I have my jets from Jetsrus. Which washer is the one I'm looking for to shim the needle? I have a bunch of stray washers laying around but I wouldn't mind just going to the local HD or Ace hardware and picking up one up. I think on another thread someone referred to the washer as machine #4. I checked that out at Home Depot and they only had #6 and #8. What is the outside diameter of this washer?

The outside diameter of the washer is just a little larger than the base of the needle not sure the exact figure. Keep looking for the #4 washer, it fits perfect. You might have to look in other sections besides the machine screw location, I got lucky and found one in my misc. nut and bolt drawer that fit perfect. If you have an assortment of small washers just find one that fits the needle good and is almost the same size as the needle base.

Okay, I have my jets from Jetsrus. Which washer is the one I'm looking for to shim the needle? I have a bunch of stray washers laying around but I wouldn't mind just going to the local HD or Ace hardware and picking up one up. I think on another thread someone referred to the washer as machine #4. I checked that out at Home Depot and they only had #6 and #8. What is the outside diameter of this washer?

Try here http://www.washersusa.com/ I'm sure they'll have it

I have a few of the washers that you need laying around. i did a big give away to TT users last summer, I would be happy to mail you one, just PM me the address to send it to.

Very kind of you to offer, but I found them at Lowe's. Wasn't sure if I should use brass or stainless, so I bought a pack of each.

So, should I use the stainless or the brass??

Very kind of you to offer, but I found them at Lowe's. Wasn't sure if I should use brass or stainless, so I bought a pack of each.

So, should I use the stainless or the brass??

Either will work. Just mic them and see which gets you closest to .030". They all will differ slightly.