08 vs 07 carburetion?

Ok guys, I was hoping someone out there knew the difference in carburetion on an 08 vs an 07. The reason being, I have an 07 with the same setup as my dad's 08, but at idle on my 07, if you roll the throttle quickly, it chokes it out, the 08 does not. By the way, both bikes have the JD kit with the 170 main, red needle in 4th pos. stock pilot, 07 has fat O-ring mod and FMF 4.1 slip-on, 08 has baffle removed, fuel screw 1 1/8 out on both bikes, airbox sides cut out on both bikes. Any insight about the annoying problem would be helpful.

Thanks for the input. In order to straighten out my '07, should I do these mods or possibly an adjustable leak jet? I appreciate the feedback, and am trying not to bring up old topics, but I never could really draw a good conclusion from any of the old threads

Thanks for the input. In order to straighten out my '07, should I do these mods or possibly an adjustable leak jet? I appreciate the feedback, and am trying not to bring up old topics, but I never could really draw a good conclusion from any of the old threads

I personally have an '05, and am only giving info based on recollection from other posts. I think you should contact James Dean Jetting about your issues too.

I have the 07, and got the JD kit. You can't do the Oring mod on the 07 because it is newer AP compared to 06 and older. Not sure if they changed from 07-08, JD seemed to think it was same carb as 08.

Not sure how you did the fat O-ring mod on your 07. Maybe they changed mid-year and yours is similar to 06?