Sign in to follow this  

TW Spy Photos - All Japan National MX Championship Series

http://motocross.transworld.net/2009/03/14/exclusive-japanese-spy-photos-2010-preview/

The Suzuki RM-Z450s were pre-production 2010 units, with works throttle body parts and EFI components. Though it looks the same to the naked eye, the ’10 RM-Z450 boasts a new chassis with much-improved geometry. The engine settings are also said to be much different for ’10, gravitating towards the more aggressive side.

(There are more close-up pics of the bike in the gallery of the link above to TransworldMX.)

suzi.jpg

Japan always has the nicest bikes. I wish we could see bikes like that here.

Though it looks the same to the naked eye, the ’10 RM-Z450 boasts a new chassis with much-improved geometry.

I can't wait to see the "much improved geometry", considering the RMZ is by far the best handling 450 already. I wonder what TWMX thought needed the improving?

Mark

I can't wait to see the "much improved geometry", considering the RMZ is by far the best handling 450 already. I wonder what TWMX thought needed the improving?

Mark

I think TWMX was just reporting what they were hearing there in Japan on the 2010, not stating an opinion.

Mark

I think they have changed the steering offset. Many like the Rmz better with the 20mm offset insted of the stock that is 21.5mm.

I have never seen those Knobbly mud guards before (under fenders+top swinging arm).Do they help to clear the dirt????

I have never seen those Knobbly mud guards before (under fenders+top swinging arm).Do they help to clear the dirt????

That's actually foam with a sticky back. These photo's were taken on a muddy riding day. The idea is that the mud will not stick to the foam as well and the majority will shake off, that way your bike will not gain 20 pounds of mud throughout the moto.

The 250 looks super trick for NY too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My son is moving up to big bikes after the summer.