Sign in to follow this  

2000 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner

V-6 extended cab not 4x4. Anyone have one and what kind of luck are you having?

I just traded in my 02 tacoma. It wasn't a pre-runner, it was a trd. The only trouble I had with mine was the parking brake froze up. Not having salt on the roads in texas, I'm sure you won't have that problem. I'm on my 4th Toyota, I think you'll be happy with it.

PP

V-6 extended cab not 4x4. Anyone have one and what kind of luck are you having?

My cousin has one (Pre-Runner 2WD). I finally talked him into getting the timing belt replaced.... its got over 200K on it. He never does anything to it (like he should), but it still runs like new.

The prerunner and 4x4 are exactly the same save for a an xcase, diff axles, etc..

The only problems I've had with mine were the starter and rear leafs, which are pretty much the only common problems on high mileage 1st gens. The contacts in the starter wear and either get stuck together, or you just get a click like a dead battery. The leafs are Mexico cheap and sack out after a while. Both occurred at about 140,000 for me and are easy to fix.

Lookin at one with 80k on the clock. Looks to be all there and in good shape.

I have an 01 Tacoma v6 extended cab prerunner sr5. I love it. They are very reliable. I have had no problems with it. And I do a little off roading with it!