Sign in to follow this  

230 forks on a 150?

Has anyone put a set of 230 forks on a 150?

I have a set of 230 forks with emulators and fork brace. I have since upgraded to USD forks.

My buddy's daughter is getting pretty fast on her 150 and could use some suspension help.

I am going to try bolting the 230 forks and triple clamp onto the 150.

the forks are larger diameter, so flex should be less. and we all know what the emulators can do!!!

I cant think of any issues, im sure we will need to slide the forks up in the triple clamp to make up for the longer tubes.

Any of you 230 pro's think of any issues that might come up??

vmeadows

sounds like it should be an easy swap. since the 85 forks are bolt-ons then the 230 might be a perfect swap.

as long as the stems are the same i dont see an issue.

the tubes will need to be slid pretty far up though

The 150f and the 230 share the same steering stem in different triple clamps. The frame and front axle are shared by both bikes. It should be a direct swap. BTW the 230 forks are also very flexie which is most likely the reason the fork brace was added.

Post some pics

I would like to swap out the big ass tire on my CRF100 for a little smaller one and add bigger forks to make my little pit bike look cooler

The 150f and the 230 share the same steering stem in different triple clamps. The frame and front axle are shared by both bikes. It should be a direct swap. BTW the 230 forks are also very flexie which is most likely the reason the fork brace was added.

Yes, i purchased the fork brace on Phase 1 of my 230 upgrades. ( im on phase 5 or 6 now!!! LOL)

the stock forks are MAJOR flexie!! the fork brace eliminated the problem. but it introduced new problems with fork boots. I was able to use the aftermarket neoprene ones....but they were a major pain to deal with.

With the fork brace installed there was NO flex, it made riding a little harsh.

If you grab the tire between your knees and twist the bars it will scare you how much flex the front end has.

All of these issues....and "up grade fever" is what made me decide to go for the USD conversion.

I will try out the 230 forks on the 150. I am concerened about the clearance to be able to slide the forks up in the triple clamp. A pair on big bar converters should take care of that.

Thanks

vmeadows

The 230 forks are a direct bolt on. I installed the 230 forks onto one of my

150's after installing XR250 forks onto my 230. The 230 forks should have been the 150 forks from the factory IMHO.

My buddy picked up the forks.....we will mount them this weekend!!

Ill let you know how the emulators and 230 springs work on the 150!!

My buddy picked up the forks.....we will mount them this weekend!!

Ill let you know how the emulators and 230 springs work on the 150!!

amazing, just like the 230 :)

when am i getting those parts from the KO 230?! LOL

My son is 6' 200# at 15, and I wonder if the fork flexing is making him so cautious when we ride together. His old TTR was horrible at flexing!

Who does the best with a direct bolt on system for emulators/fork brace? I really don't want to have to alter stuff to make it work. Thanks for any advice. D

the holes dont even have to be precise....just make sure that you clean the rods extra well to get all the metal shavings out.

HEYBUDDY, hows the new engine working out.

illl be in touch soon on parts, got the donor almost all the way apart.

send me a pm and let me know what all you are looking for.

the engine is kicking ass.

the power comes on the same way, except ALOT harder up top.

next thing you know im in the top of 5th most of the way around the track.

with 14/49 gearing haha.

ill send u a PM later tonight with what i need.

are you parting the motor too? or just selling it as a whole?