Need a tire recomendation

Got hurt last year on the "L" and put it up and didn't ride it until just lately. Went to street bikes. Hate the "L" on the highway. (2007 XRL)

So I though I would give her one more try before I junk her. Started riding in dirt again, and need more bite in back tire. Ride dirt when I can, avoid the mud when I can, but need some thing that will hook up good in the mud if needed.

Teraflex is what I have been looking at. Will it fit?

My riding is dirt, rocks, gravel, fire roads, trails, and a little slab just to get to more dirt. SEE RIDE REPORT Never in deep mud, and just a little sand.

Lil help.

I have been running the 190 90 MT 21 (Pirelli) on the rear and there hasn't been any issues with getting stuck in mud, sand, or even pea rock submerged completely in water. I have buried it nearly to the frame in wet sand and pea gravel (just last weekend actually) just to test a few theories, and it would always pull itself out. this is no fresh tire,either. It has around 1,000 miles on it. It has worn pretty well, and isn't completely terrible in the corners, either.

Another common tire used is the D606 (Dunlop), It has some pretty similar looks & characteristics as the MT 21.

If you are going to be using it for trails and mostly off road, I have had really good luck with trials tires too. The cornering sucks, (on pavement anyways.) but they hook up great and do minimal damage to trails. Good tires for their purpose. long wear, too.

I have been running the 190 90 MT 21 QUOTE]

190????????????

Sorry couldn`t help myself,,,,you must mean 120 130 or 140 Toad.??

Ripperfox i`m using the D606 it`s got lots of grab for my use and not too fishy on the slab either...hope you didn`t get hurt seriously and healed up well,i hate to see someone get hurt on a bike..

B

I have been running the 190 90 MT 21 QUOTE]

190???????????:foul:

Sorry couldn`t help myself,,,,you must mean 120 130 or 140 Toad.??

Ripperfox i`m using the D606 it`s got lots of grab for my use and not too fishy on the slab either...hope you didn`t get hurt seriously and healed up well,i hate to see someone get hurt on a bike..

B

Shit!! There's my smooth move for the day, ex lax.. lol.. I guess i was getting confused thinking of car sizes. It's a 130. I knew it was one of the biggest. I guess I need to get my ass on the bike more often to.. "refresh my memory.." lol..

?:banghead: :banghead:

Ripper, I think the T-flex would be overkill for what you want.

It is just about the DOT traction and aggression king, but it is a little ill-mannered and slows down the handling.

What it is good at is getting the XRL into, and out of, almost anywhere.

I suggest people not go to the T-flex until they are actually having problems on the terrain they are riding on.

A 130 or 140 series MT21 would be good, a little more aggressive would be a D606 or the newer pirelli XCMH.

Dave

Ripper, I think the T-flex would be overkill for what you want.

It is just about the DOT traction and aggression king, but it is a little ill-mannered and slows down the handling.

What it is good at is getting the XRL into, and out of, almost anywhere.

I suggest people not go to the T-flex until they are actually having problems on the terrain they are riding on.

A 130 or 140 series MT21 would be good, a little more aggressive would be a D606 or the newer pirelli XCMH.

Dave

+1

The Teraflex is not for everybody, I ride in alot of very loose deep sand, and it works great for me:ride: . It does have some strange handling characteristics on the pavement when it is new, but I have put a couple hundred miles on mine and it seems to be getting better. ? I can say this about the tire, it has gotten me through some terrain that I probably would not have made it through with any other DOT tire.:banghead:

dude...how are the cops in your area? will they bust your balls about having a non-dot tire? i know where i live (nw ohio) they really dont bother you. hell i ride a rmx250 that is just barely legal. i run the trelleborg ten masters and it seems to do pretty good overall. wouldnt suggest wet blacktop but what nobbie is great with that. it did hold up well against a 250cc 2stroke on the pipe with front end facing the sky from light to light. that was when it was wore a bit and the new one i have has some DEEEPP tread so im a bit scared of if chunking on asphault but its like putting a tiller on the back wheel in the dirt.

I installed my Teraflex and love it (well a local shop put the beast on the rim) it hooks up better that any tire I have ever ridden. Now it is like riding in a Conastoga Wagon on the road but...... Who Gives A Crap? It is rated (I think)

10/90 street to dirt, seems more like 1/99. It floats across loose sand and loose mud, grabs the hard pack like it's pavement. You don't slide into turns very well (cause it wants to grab)

I am impressed with this tire and it is a 150/90-18 so it is the largest tire that will fit.

And it looks friggin' awesome on the bike too!!