Sign in to follow this  

From a 01 KLR 650(sob sob) to a 98 RX/c 620... I like!

When I woke up a few weeks ago to find out that my 01 KLR 650 was stolen, it sucked. Man I loved that bike. It would take me anywhere! It was matte black,renthal bars,jet kit,supertrapp,ect. Ready for the spring. Bummer. So I kinda felt like I was cheating on my girl that was out of town when I bought this RXC 620. Man! What a nimble little cat! All stock. Except for the carb. I'm glad because I heard that the original edlebrock had some design flaws. This thing is fast. And quiet. I like! Does any one know what the differences are between the models 620 RXC and the 620 LC4? Man,that motor is a beast! I just need to gear it a little wider for the freeway. Oh and does any one know some tricks to remove those thick factory decals?

If you haven't figured it out yet, all the KTM 620 RXCs are LC4s. They use the same LC4engine on many KTM models from the 90s to even todays bikes, some dirt, some dirt/street, some street, some enduro. For the freeway, some people put on a smaller rear sprocket and a bigger front sprocket. Factory decals come off with heat guns or blow dryers but be careful not to cook the plastic. I used to have a 96 620 Super Comp LC4 with a FMF pipe and discs and it was super powerful. I paid way too much for it but enjoyed it for a couple of years. Just a few weeks ago bought a 95 RXC 620 with a Dellorto carb and this one for a swinging deal. Love the RXCs. Enjoying it every day.