Sign in to follow this  

New guy here!

Hello all, I just purchased a new 08 650L about 2 weeks ago. I have a long and colorfull history with dual sport bikes. my first was an old Kawasaki ke175, ( started riding in 1979 ). But didn't get my first true taste of a REAL dual sport until 83, that's when I bought a new XL600R:thumbsup: That was by far the most fun bike I ever had! More recently, I just traded in an 05 Triumph Tiger 955i. Yes some may say I traded down:crazy: But I did it because I wanted to regain REAL off road ability, ( plus I can actually pick this bike up all by myself if I lay it over!! ) I feel like I am going to fall in love with this big pig, as you all call them. ( It's NO pig being 200 pounds lighter than my Tiger! ) I hope to contribute to this forum, as well as have some fun too:busted:

Jim

Welcome!

You will get much use and fun from that pig. There are some of the most knowledgeable guys in this group.

Much of that knowledge can be found using the search function.

Welcom,

great to have another convert! Bunch of great guys here and a never ending supply of mods to try out. I'm sure you will find bunches of great stuff and trust me you will receive great feedback from the guys......just hope ya don't have thin skin!!!:)

Tim

Thank's for the welcomes!

I have lurked on here for awhile, and have digested much info from all the posts. Although I have a pretty ridged mindset about the proper care of a machine. I am no stranger to the flame wars, and different opinions. Plus I ALWAYS ware my flame suit!!!