Sign in to follow this  

Having issues with the E-start---450X

After reading some threads on here about trouble starting the 450x with the e-start, I see some guys are recommending to adjust the DECOMPRESSOR. Does anyone know how to do this?

I have an 07'....rejetted, pipe, airbox, header. I have around 25 hours on it. Never had any issues with starting until now. It just wont turn over with the button (good battery).....Howevever no problems starting with the kicker.

Let me know whjat you guys think..thanks.

Very confusing figuring out the decomp clearance. Get the piston at TDC then measure the right exhaust clearance. Loosen the lock nut on the decomp arm adjusting screw and measure the gap between the decomp arm and rocker arm. That measurement should be whatever your valve clearance is plus 0.014". So, if your exhaust valve clearance is 0.011", you would set the distance between the decomp and rocker arm with the set screw at 0.025.

Hope that makes sense. Mine is at 0.024" with a 13.5:1 piston and the starter cranks it fine. I'm thinking your starter is not getting enough juice. Could be a faulty connection even. HTH

Check the start switch also... sometimes I find the switch doesn't work unless you hit it a couple times... Cheap switch IMO

Hey guys..thanks for the replies...Turns out it was just the battery connection I had going with the pig tail to the battery tender..It was bad....I cleaned everything and chargerd the battery for about 3 hours..put it back in and I fired right up. Thanks again guys

Hey guys..thanks for the replies...Turns out it was just the battery connection I had going with the pig tail to the battery tender..It was bad....I cleaned everything and chargerd the battery for about 3 hours..put it back in and I fired right up. Thanks again guys

:):banghead: :banghead: :foul: