Sign in to follow this  

What do you think my bike needs?

Well after allot of deliberation, the 04 is staying. Im going to make a list of parts in the next day or 2, want it to run strong and look good, so far on my list i have...

-08 cam

-seat cover

-new graphics

-red fork guards

-new left side cover (possibly both)

-going to inspect the clutch and possibly replace it

-suspension linkage bearings at some point soon, they are doing allot of squeaking

-possibly some new better hand guards (the ones i have are broke)

post up any other ideas. Chain and sprockets are brand new, top end was just done, and i got lots of oil and air filters and such already

Email.jpg

Forget about adding parts and get her dirty!!!

And, maybe polish the frame a bit, that adds 5 horsepower alone!

someone say dirty?

IMG_00441.jpg

IMG_00451.jpg

thats what it looks like right now after a good ride around in the mud, sorry for the quality, cant find my camera so i just used my phone. I personally don't like the polished frame look.

:) i have read on here that the 08 cam is better than the hot cams for valve life and overall power

and it was re jetted when the FMF power bomb and factory 4 were put on... starts first kick most of the time, and no poping on decell

ditch the 08 cam and add a HOT CAM, stage 1 exhaust and stage 1 intake, also, jet it.

Honda only have one cam so if he gets a stage one it will be for intake and exhaust:bonk:

i wouldnt worry to much about cosmetic parts, because the bikes look pretty good in the pictures, but if you want your bike to perform like a newer model i would think about getting a 08 or 09 head put on.

Honda only have one cam so if he gets a stage one it will be for intake and exhaust:bonk:

:) lol opps sorry, i wasnt thinken like usual:bonk: lol, sorry, yea my brother has a 07 crf250r and i keep talken him into getting hot cams 4 it lol.

it does look pretty good, but the fork guards are all beat up, the hand guard is broke, and so is the left side panel, so i want to get that stuff replaced. I may put an 07 head on it when the valve go again, but for now the 04 head was just rebuilt so im sticking with it. What about an aftermarket water pump? do they make the bike run any cooler?

What kind of riding are you doing mostly? Are you racing at all or just riding on the weekends?

bit of technical trail riding, gravel pits, and tracks once in a while on the week end.

I recently put an 09 head, 08 cam, new piston, new valves into my 06 and it is a night and day difference in power. So much better all around. Personally I like to keep my bike looking nice cosmetically too...somewhat of a pride issue in my mind. As soon as I got all those parts put on my bike I put a set of new cycra powerflow plastics and new graphics on it and cleaned up the frame with some steel wool. Bike looks brand new.

I just realized i need front brake pads :) they are almost all gone. Yea, next rebuild if i have the money im going to just go over the top and build the best motor i can.

it seems like a stock 250f would be plenty of power for what type of riding you do. spend money on setting up the suspension, and getting parts that make the bike handle better. ( i.e. 20mm off set triple clamps, different linkage) lets face it, only ryan villopoto can ride a 250f for all its worth. . .

It is still a bit under powered in some of the deep sand/gravel... i wish i could pull 3rd, but just don't have the power. And its not the power im looking at getting by going to an 07 head, its the reliability and throttle response.

It is still a bit under powered in some of the deep sand/gravel... i wish i could pull 3rd, but just don't have the power. And its not the power im looking at getting by going to an 07 head, its the reliability and throttle response.

Have you ever thought about adding a tooth or two to the rear sprocket?

already got a 51, used to have a 52 but it just goes through the gears too fast then