Sign in to follow this  

the Dr D wet sump kit

i bought it so save hassle when putting my bike back together this spring after an overhaul on the motor. another reason is the fact that a few of the parts on the oil thru the frame config. were damaged. but i have a few questions about it. they say it takes 850cc of oil but how do you measure it once it's in your bike?? and another question is how many of you guys use it and like it? i see alot of people on here bash them.

please use the search button. there are hundreds of posts on the dr.d wet sump kit.

My bike is wet sump(not used the dr.d). I use fullsynthetic oil and I notice the clutch starting to slip after only 3-4 hours on the oil, so I don`t really like it. But as long as I change the oil often enough it works fine. Not posible to check how much oil is in there on mine.

they say it takes 850cc of oil but how do you measure it once it's in your bike?? and another question is how many of you guys use it and like it? i see alot of people on here bash them.

You can still use the window on they side if you have one and since you will be changing it more often you don't consume much normaly. All my race bike use it with no problems!:)

You can still use the window on they side if you have one and since you will be changing it more often you don't consume much normaly. All my race bike use it with no problems!:)

yea i planned on changing my oil every ride anyways with the kit. the only problem is that with my kit i didnt get a neutral switch cover that had a glass window its all solid aluminum so im screwed in that dept.