Sign in to follow this  

WTT: Have SM rear rotor, need S rotor

hello all,

I just bought a set of used SM wheels that came with the SM rotors. I have a bracket for the front rotor, but I need an S 220mm rear rotor now.

If you have a stock (or EBC) S rear rotor that you want to trade for an SM (240mm) IM me. If you have one to sell, that might work too.

PS. I am in Portland OR.

You can use a rear carrier bracket for a 2003 RM 250 and that will allow you to run the SM rotor...gives you a little extra stopping power and probably doesn't cost much more than a S rotor...I bought one for $30 shipped. Are you sure you have the right sized bracket relocator to run a SM front rotor...most relocator brackets are intended to run with the 320MM rotor and the stock SM rotor is 310MM. Relocator brackets for a 310MM rotor for S forks are very rare....just checking.

The wheels came with an EBC "kit" for the front. I have not tried it yet, but it should work just fine.

As far as the RM-250 bracket, are you talking about part #9 in:

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/Module/Main/TypeID/26/Type/Motorcycle/MakeID/2/Make/Suzuki/YearID/44/Year/2003/ModelID/6174/Model/RM250/GroupID/249962/Group/REAR_CALIPER

do I need any of the bolts or anything else ?

The wheels came with an EBC "kit" for the front. I have not tried it yet, but it should work just fine.

As far as the RM-250 bracket, are you talking about part #9 in:

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/Module/Main/TypeID/26/Type/Motorcycle/MakeID/2/Make/Suzuki/YearID/44/Year/2003/ModelID/6174/Model/RM250/GroupID/249962/Group/REAR_CALIPER

do I need any of the bolts or anything else ?

Yes...9 is what you need. The one I bought included 5,6,7,8 and 9. I am not positive but I think the 5,6,7, and 8 from your OEM bracket will work with the new carrier bracket (9). Maybe someone knows for sure. I bought mine off Ebay I think...it may have been supermotojunkie.com Just look for someone parting out a RM 250 for that year and you should find one. I have seen them on Ebay complete with caliper for like $50. I have been told that the bracket for a 03 RM 125 is the same...you might check out the part numbers and see. When you install the bracket and caliper the brake pads go outside the rotor slightly but people run these all the time without a problem and it will improve your braking. As far as the EBC kit...that's great. You will have the 320MM rotor and be fine. The OEM SM rotor is 310MM and would not work with that relocator bracket...you are good to go. You will have great braking power once you are done.

I can trade you a stock S rotor. PM me if interested :)