Sign in to follow this  

Gaerne GX1 boots

Has anybody tried the new Gaerne GX1 boots? I looked over in the review section, but didn't see any info on them. The SG10's are just too big and bulky for me, these look more like what I need.

They are an excellent traditional style, non-hinged boot that's made in Italy. Light weight yet wear like iron. Best bang for the buck for sure.

Bump. All so does anyone know about the sizing on the Gaerne's.Do they really seem to run a little big.I'm thinking about a pair for my son's birthday.He currently has a pair of Oneal elements in size 9 that are a little big and he wears a size eight shoe.I'm thinking a size eight GX1 would be better.

Whats the main difference between the sg-10/12 vs gx1?. . . besides the $200 price tag.

The SG10s and 12s have the hinged ankles... I think they're both a little lighter too.

Looking to get a new pair of boots, I now have a pair of Fly's looking for possibly something lighter. any comments on the Gaerne GX1 Boots.

Chet

They have become my favorite boots to ride in without a doubt. Durable soles, good buckle system, comfortable and light. My GX1s required very little break in time before they started to feel right. I like the fact that they are holding up to trail riding abuse and I can feel the shift lever and brake pedal extremely well with them. Lastly, they aren't very expensive when you consider the fact that they are a good quality boot.

The GX1's are excellent boots. Nothing else at that price point even comes close.

I like mine, pretty comfortable to wear all day. I wear them on my dualsport most of the time. My feet have not gotten wet wearing them either, although I usually wear over the boot pants with them.

I wear my Forma dominators when I ride single track though, I just like the extra protection of the hinged boot, I'm pretty sure they've kept me from breaking my ankle a couple times.

I have about 10 hours of riding on mine and they're sweet. I wear 11.5 shoes and ordered the 12 and they fit about...half a size big go figure l-o-l. I wear thick ankle socks and use a pair of insoles and with my knee pads tucked in they fit perfect.

Great boot very comfy and very stylish and elegant IMO. I broke mine in washing my car and working on the new bike for a while I was injured. After getting them wet a few times I applied mink oil now they're 95% water proof and look even more badazz. And you get to tell chicks you wear Italian booties. I like mine.

The GX1 is true to size ... well, at least for my size. I have been wearing a US size 12 shoe for years, and a size 12 GX1 (new '09 version) fits me perfectly. There is also enough room to put an insole in it and wear thicker type socks, which makes for a snug fit.

As far as "cheap" boots go, the GX1's are the best available, right along side the Tech 3's. The GX1 is comfortable right out of the box, breaks in quickly and offers just enough room for my 19" calves. When new I was unable to fit a shin guard in them though, which the T3's seemed to have more room in this regard.

As far as protection goes, the GX1 doesn't offer any more protection than the AXO Boxer, or any of the other $100 boots. The only thing you are getting for the extra money is some better quality materials for durability.

I agree with everyone else, they break-in easy, they are light (as far as boots go), there are better boots out there for protection, they are made of quality materials, and they are true to size, my size 12 feet work well with a size 12 boot.

My only complaint is that the straps could use another inch of length, as my 19" muscular calves are at the limit, and with MX pants tucked in there is little room for shin guards. :/

The only other boot I would consider at this price point is the A* Tech 3's ... or save some cash and buy the Axo Boxers.