Sign in to follow this  

150r or 250f

hello again guys, i have a crf250f. i like it a lot but its heavy and im too short for it and the power is ridiculous. i was thinking of trading for a hopped up 150r expert and just ripping on that instead because its lighter, shorter and easier power. not sure what to do because i will get smoked off the line and it will be harder in the whoops but i can carry more speed in the corners and whip it around better. just lemme know. thanks guys

im like 5'5, 150ish. i know i might be a little heavy for the 150r but it will be more fun :)

nah he wont be cramped on the 150r just get the big wheel . if its still to small just get taller seat foam . or maybe the adjustable bbr linkage

my son is 5'6 rides 150rb, He is standing on tip of toes on my 250x he would rather ride 150 he can control it so much better.

My wife's 5'4", she went from a KX250f to the CR150rb and loves it!! She's much faster, has more fun, and is more open to trying new riding places, as before she was worried about getting in deep with her 250f.

Here's what we did:

Tall seat foam (purchased through BBR)

Low boy foot pegs

Replaced the rear shock spring with a Race Tech one for her weight. The fork springs should work for you, but the stock shock spring will be too soft.

i got my 250f last year at 13 and i was 5" 4' 120lbs and now im almost 15 and im 5 7 and still cant start it without a kickstand but i love the thing to death!!

agreed. if you are not comfortable on the bike you will be miserable. and if you cant handle the power of a 250f it can make you despise riding cause of the abuse.

you will be a little to big for the 150rb, i am like 5'4 and im about perfect on it, not flat footed but i can touch.

well i raced 4 motos sunday and pulled 3 holeshots.......i think its a no brainer. haha

i got my 250f last year at 13 and i was 5" 4' 120lbs and now im almost 15 and im 5 7 and still cant start it without a kickstand but i love the thing to death!!

I'm almost excatly your size,and what i do is try to find my center of balence, and try practicing stading on the pegs in a grassy area, and try and balence and stay up. it worked for me!:)

manu must be getting killed by that 250f. I have an 07kx250f and im 6 feet tall but i only weigh 145 and i get thrown around sometimes but ince u get bigger u will regret getting a 150 and want ur 250f back.

125 smoker?

exactly what i was thinkin it is lighter same height but cant you buy a lowering kit???

I'm 5'4" and have a 125 and have the same issues. I have to start it on the stand, can't even tiptoe it and if I stall while riding, it sucks. I just got a kx100 and am much happier with that bike. It's super easy to start, I can get both feet on the ground (not flat footed, but sturdy) and I'm a lot less intimidated by the power band. In my case, I'm keeping the 125 because I picked it up super cheap so I can have both. If you outgrow the 150RB, you can always get another 250f in the future. Are you still growing or done growing? If you're still growing, maybe you should stick to the 250.